happy happy joy joy!

*sigh*
fabric makes me sooo happy!
it’s silly, i know,
but look how pretty it is?!
i just got this stack in the mail last week from hawthorne threads.
have you been to their shop yet?
i used to be all about searching all over the internet and local stores to find the best deals on the exact fabrics i wanted.
now it is all so much easier –
i just go to hawthorne.
months ago jeannett pointed me in their direction, and i am forever grateful (thank you jeannett!).
not only is their selection HUGE,
but their prices are ridiculous.
i don’t love giving away my trade secrets, but this one is too good not to share.
i can get a yard of fabric at hawthorne FOUR DOLLARS less than my local shop.
i love to support local, but when i can get something at a 33% discount online, i’m going there.
they have tiered pricing that you have to check out.
not only do you get a discount for ordering multiple yards of fabric in 1 order, but you also get discounts for your previous orders!
with nearly every order, my prices keep going down!
one of may main reasons i like to shop locally is to see the fabric in person, to touch and feel the quality, but more importantly to see the colors and patterns in real life.
my experience with hawthorne threads is that their pictures very accurately depict the actual colors of the products, which is not the case across the line with other dealers.
they actually have a really cool feature where you can choose from a color grid the colors of fabric you’re looking for and the site will pull up all the fabric with that color in it – so helpful!
so i thought i’d give you a little taste of what makes my skirt fly up, besides just buying fabric –
playing with fabric!
i love to get a new batch of fabric and start pairing it with pieces from my stash, mixing pieces that weren’t made to go together, and finding fun combo’s.
i put together a few trios of combos i made just from this one stash.
the possibilities are endless!

and if you’re interested in winning some free fabric from hawthorne, they are constantly having giveaways.
all you have to do is sign up for their newsletter, which you want to do anyway –
it gives sneak peaks in to what’s new, on sale, and on its way.
that huge stack is waiting so patiently for me to finish my current w.i.p.’s
and then i am going to hack into it!
can’t wait!
oh, i almost forgot…
i put a few more of these in the shop this afternoon!
coordinating zippered pouches and checkbook covers are on the production line (aka my sewing desk).

Comments

oopsiemaizie says:

just have to tell ya… you're not alone!!! fabric makes me HAPPY too!!! i love the hawthorne threads button you've added to your blog… i spent a lengthy time on that site the other night and can't wait to place my first order with them… you create such cute items… keep up the great work and keep the posts coming… my day isn't complete without a new post from the pleated poppy :)

Jacky {The Sweetest Petunia} says:

Oh, I love, love, LOVE fabric! It always pains me when I finally have to cut it…I adore the combinations you've put together, especially the yellow + grey combos. :)

It's official: you are a fabric nerd. ;)

Love it!

Melissa Stover says:

so pretty! going to check out that site.

Bryan and Ashlan says:

Love the new fabric! Going to check out their store now. You should make some notebook covers with the yellow/grey fabric. I want one!!!

Thanks for the fabric tip. Fabric makes me oh so happy! After growing up with a mom who always had waaaay more fabric than she had projects, I force myself to buy sparingly and finish one project at a time. I'm finishing up a quilt this week, then hitting hawthorne : )

Phil and Bri says:

Oh those greys and yellows make me drool!! Favorite combo of the year I must say :)

Maggie Whitley {Gussy} says:

i love those fabric trios you put together. yayy :) i hope you're working right now… hehe.

Simony Silva says:

Lindsey, I never worked with fabric before, but you are almost making it contagious! I can see myself, pretty soon, buying that stuff and not knowing what to do with it! Just for the pleasure of looking at the colors and prints!

cute!

Wow! L.O.V.E. it! Thanks for introducing me to this site! I have now been drooling over fabric and patterns for a good hour and a half! And I have supper to make! Yikes.

Sandy a la Mode says:

thanks for introducing me to a new fabric shop!! i LOVE fabrics!!!! i actually have that grey one with white design, i bought it a few months ago in the fabric district in LA!!! oh how i would love to go back there!!!!

I just got my first order from them last week–with a lot of the same fabrics you have shown here. I totally love their store set up and service. I got the blues for my bedroom and greys and yellows for my fam room

BTW, do you serge the edges of your ruffles or are those zig zagged. Love.

The Girlie says:

That fabric is gorgeous! Yay for textiles.

I am going right over there. I love happy fabric! Thanks for the tip!

XOXO
    Jen

rachelizabeth says:

Fabric makes me happy, too! I've been looking for a place to find good fabric for low cost – looks like I may have found it! Thank you for sharing!

I Love Pretty Little Things says:

My mouth is watering looking at all of that BEAUTIFUL fabric! It just makes me happy too!
    Thanks so much fro the Hawthorn tip. As soon as I am done writing this I am going to jump right over there and check it out.
    Have fun with your fabric, and I LOVE the checkbook covers. I am going to take a closer look at those too. :)

gorgeous!! i'm going to check it out! it is so hard to shop for fabric with small children!! thanks for the link! I can't wait to see what you create with all of this beautiful fabric!

Jennifer says:

Thank you for the link!! The fabrics are so pretty they bring a tear to my eye! :)
    Can't wait to see what you make with all of yours!

Ahhh… I just found your blog and I am adding you to my list of reads! Wow you are inspiring on so many levels. I love to sew and drool at the sight of lush fabrics, but I have two little girls with a little man on the way in July and have just decided to homeschool the girls and one day this little guy! Wasn't quite sure how to fit in all my likes in one day, but you have encouraged me already to keep doing things I love to do :)

Lisa Stone says:

Ohhhhh! I know JUST what you are talking about! Only it is yarn for me. Knitting is my thing…and cookies and jewelry and it never ends ;)

don't forget the one on the top left is MINE!

i'd like it hand delivered tomorrow.

Godfrey Family says:

who is the designer of two pictures that are 2nd and 3rd from the bottom?

I know why we are friends! I leave fabric stacks out in my living room just to look at them. Actually cutting into them and making something cute and creative takes me a while!!

thank you for the tip! Fabric makes me happy too, and it looks like their prices are low enough that I see a lot of joy in my future!