news to you

thank you to those of you who have given me some fun awards lately!
i’m terrible about posting them and passing them on to others, so i thought i’d take a stab at it today.
most of the award rules ask you to tell some things that most of us don’t know about you.  so here goes!

1 – if the lights are off when i’m getting into bed, i hate hate hate standing next to the bed.  too many scary movies when i was little make me picture a bony hand reaching out from under the bed to grab my ankles!  silly, i know.  but still, i jump into bed, just in case.

2 – my feet are different sizes.  one is almost a half size larger than the other.  the shoe guy at nordstrom’s was wonderful enough to give me 2 different sized shoes for my wedding, but other than that, one foot is always a bit more squished than the other.  i’m seeing a trend here… i seem to be uncomfortable a lot.  hmm.  or maybe i just complain a lot.

3 – i used to have my belly button pierced.  i got it done a couple months before we got married and i surprised sean with it!  after getting pregnant, it hasn’t been back in.  never will be.

4 – i want a tattoo.  but i’ll probably never get one.  for the last 10+ years, i have wanted the same thing: a smallish star, turquoise with a red border, on my lower back.  i know everyone gets a tattoo there, but i figured if i really hated it, i’d hardly ever have to see it.  and it would be hidden most of the time.

5 – my husband says i have a one (temperature) degree range of comfort.  it’s kinda true.  i am almost always uncomfortable, usually too cold, sometimes too hot, rarely “just right”.  maybe i have poor circulation?  i can be standing in a hot shower and my skin will still feel cold to the touch.  i’m a freak.

6 – i love giving birth.  love love love it.  i’d do it over and over and over again.  but i despise being pregnant.  not that my pregnancies were really all that terrible, but i never felt good.  maybe its because i was a whale – gaining 60 -65 lbs each pregnancy.

7 – i didn’t pass my driver’s test the first time.  or the second time.  but i swear it wasn’t my fault!

8 – i wear my hair in pigtails almost every day.  probably not appropriate for a 31 year old, but my hair is in a bit of a funky stage, and its just so easy.  i also wear a hat at least 3 days a week.  i’m lazy when it comes to my hair.  i think its time to break my nearly 2 year streak and get my hair cut professionally again.  i may have to do a fundraiser for it ;)

9 – i don’t drink coffee.  i think it tastes like dirt.  but i have recently started drinking lattes, and they are pretty yum.  i do like coffee flavored things, though.  i know, weird.  i also don’t like the taste of alcohol, so i don’t drink that much either.  i usually will order something fruity-tooty and ask for light alcohol.  if i feel like paying $8 for a smoothie.

10 – i’ve never broken a bone.   the closest i came was when i was 6 and my middle finger was shut in the hinge of a door.  the tip of my finger was hanging by a thread of skin and the bone was poking out (how’s that for a visual?!), but it didn’t break.  now i have a slightly bent finger with a funky nail.  good times.

ok, so now you all know my deepest, darkest secrets.
don’t hold them against me ;)
your turn – what’s something most people don’t know about you?

Comments

that was fun!

Brittaney says:

Aaahh- the finger! I, too, have never broken a bone, but have smashed my finger in a door hinge. It was super gross and now my finger is crooked and my nail looks funny too!

Kimmie @ live fancy. says:

I love that Blogger is on the screen in the background. ;)

Here's a moment of truth for you…I am perfectly comfortable asking my husband to rub my back (or feet, or hands, or forehead…) every night but absolutely despise rubbing his. Does that make me a terrible wife? :) Good for me he's an awesome guy who doesn't mind. Your secrets were great to read!

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest says:

Ok, the cold all the time thing & the only giving birth in pregnancy but not really being pregnant thing is totally ME!! :) LOL!!

Something not many people know? I usually can't stand wearing regular clothes past 5 or 6pm. Gotta get on the jammies! :) Comfort is key!

I am laughing as so many of your ways are exactly like mine. But I won't divulge which ones! LOL

Grandma Kay says:

omg, i love your blog u are so real…

just one thought on the tattoo. a warning, maybe? the tattoos that girls get on the small of their back have a name, given by the male gender, i'm sure. they call it a "tramp stamp." just thought you should know!
    i have one ear higher than the other. makes wearing glasses interesting…

Summer Rae says:

Um, are you my long lost sister? I have to jump into my bed in the dark, I passed my drivers test on the 2nd try, I don't like coffee or alcohol, and I've never broken a bone! Great post! Thanks for sharing.

farmhouse mama says:

You don't know me from Adam but we are a lot alike… #6,7,8,9, and 10!

I love it!

2 things:
    I love love love giving birth too! I just hate hate hate the newborn stage!–I'm so horrible, I know!

also; take it from me–I run a coffee shop–it all starts with the latte. First ones free right?!

Im opposite…I LOVE BEING PREGNANT…but dont so much enjoy months 4-18. Good thing mine are past that now, huh. And jumping into bed was totally me, UNTIL we got a bed with drawers under it.

Muthering Heights says:

I feel the same way about pregnancy…I would much rather give birth EVERYDAY for nine months than be pregnant!! {I always have a rough go of it!}

What a fun post! I loved learning those things about you. I also gain a lot when pregnant. I used to dread going into the doctors office because the nurse would always say something like "wow! you gained 10 pounds again this month!!" in a really loud voice. I just can't help it!

I also am cold most of the time. Although I get hot when I sleep.

Your pig tails are cute!!!

XOXO
    Jen

I love pigtails and lattes….for the same reasons! Amazing! Cute, cute pic of the pigtails too. Love it!

fun to get to know you! I have funky fingers…

Love to you
    kelly

Love this!

and… your numbers 1, 5, 9, & 10 describe me PERFECTLY. lol! (well, as for #10 – it's true that I've never broken a bone – but I never slammed a finger & had the bone stick-out).

one thing about me…let's see…oh!

I have a minivan. I love my minivan. I chose to have a minivan. But, here's the kicker – I don't have kids yet! lol! am I weird? (I think this might be due to the other little tidbit about me… I absolutely cannot wait to be a mommy! I know a lot of gals will say that — but seriously… that will make me the happiest person ever!)

JUST SIMPLY SOUTHERN says:

lindsey, you are adorable!

hugs,
    kristi

Lindsey you still are one cool cat. I have a lot of quirks but my brain is tired now and I can't think of what to write.

Catherine Bosley says:

That was funny! I love your #1 – I am the same way but would never tell anyone! My husband always says "what are you doing?!!" when he sees me race up the stairs or fly into bed.

I also have a crooked finger, same finger as you, other hand! :)

i could have answered #'s 4,5,6, & 7 exactly the same.
    (except i would get a tattoo on my ankle)

i love you with your ugly feet, hat covered hair, and crooked finger.

If you've wanted a tattoo for this long you should GET ONE! I wanted one for 15+ years and I finally got one last year and I LOVE it! You won't regret it, I promise. Where ever you get it, just make sure it's easy to cover up if need be.

I still wear my hair in pig tails too, and I'm 33. I think it's lame that certain things are looked down upon as we get older.

We only live once…do what you want!

Wow-#1 is the same for me, #3 is the same, #6 is kinda the same, I despised being pregnant too after gaining 72 lbs. w/ the 1st one. And I admit #7 is the same too. LOL

the bed… I totally do that!
    call me chicken!
    the pony tails are great!
    I think black coffee tastes like dirt… ;)
    but bring on good coffee with cream and sugar ! lattes are yum!
    the finger story.. ME TOO! closest thing to a broken bone… no way!
    laughing so hard! only my bone didn't show… just split my nail all the way in 2 and meat came through… yuck!! ew! except all my fingers really are crocked now… and I am not even 40… yet!

Anonymous says:

Oh my!!! The exact same thing happened to my pinky finger when I was in 2nd grade! I also have never broken a bone! This has always bothered me because it seemed to silly to even mention :) Thanks for sharing – Lisa

carmar76 says:

I love all the crooked finger stories! My pointer on my left hand is like that because my aunt closed my finger in a playpen when I was two. Remember those fold up playpens?? Took off the whole tip of my finger. They sewed it back on, so I have a nifty scar & my finger looks crooked. Good times! (And I'm very grateful I don't remember the injury. I'm sure it hurt!)

I wear my hair in a pony tail every day too. If I didn't have a funky cowlick, I would chop it all off and save myself the hassle. Actually, I did chop it all off, in 7th grade. Poor life decision!

jennHudson says:

omg. I thought i was the only one who saw the boney hand movie! i'm still jumping into bed @ 30. LOL I have to pray hard and convince myself each night, that I am so silly, silly for thinking that! My husband cracks up at me jumping into bed. LOL! Thanks for sharing that there is actually a club of us out there. I love your blog and your shop!!! Just adorable~

gabbym28 says:

What a fun site!! I am enjoying checking things out ;-)