petal pushers 101

what is a petal pusher?
 a petal pusher is my more sophisticated version of the posy pin.

the posies are a funky mix of designer fabrics, where the petal pushers are made of a single fabric with more ruffles and folds.

like the posies, they are backed with a silver bar pin.

how do you wear a petal pusher?

like the posies, you can be so creative with them!

they can be worn traditionally, pinned alone to your top.

or mix them up a bit, like edie, with other flowers.

pinned to a hat looks very cute!

i love adding a couple to a simple scarf.  ahem, nester, where are yours?!

or get totally crazy, like dedra, and pile on the posies and petal pushers together for a very dramatic effect (this is one of my favorites!)

no pic for this one, but you can also pin one to a pony tail holder at the base of a pony – super cute!
my mom has a couple pinned to her purse:

so how will you wear yours?

ps – ugh!  after fiddling for almost 2 hours (!!!) on these pics, blogger is making me mad!  i am about ready to say goodbye to blogger…

Comments

Those rock!!

so cute. you have such a great style lindsey. so excited for all your success! i'm pretty sure i need one now. in brown or gray. i've been thinking about moving to typepad. i just don't like the idea of paying. for a blog. kinda done with blogger too. good luck!

Sarah@VintageChic says:

These are beautiful! I love them!
    Have you tried using Live Writer for your blogging? You can download it for free and it makes blogging – adding pictures so much easier. I luv it!

rachelizabeth says:

I've been wanting a posy or petal pusher for my purse. Just haven't found the right color or had extra funds to buy one (or three!). Maybe one of these days….

I hear you about blogger. The new blogger picture uploader stinks. You actually need to know some html to get things to look exactly right. Even then, it sometimes doesn't work just right. Annoying, that's for sure!

when I was a kid, we wore pedal pushers…same thing as capri pants…I haven't thought of that phrase in a very long time…even though it is petal and not pedal, it brought back many memories! thanks for the post…

Wow- these are so beautiful! I love the rose colored one… so perfect to dress up a regular ol' tanktop!!

I love them all grouped up like a wedding bouquet!!!
    I'm with Sarah. Definitely try Windows Live Writer. No, really, you MUST. Do I ever talk to you that way? No, I don't. So try this. It's like advil for your computer. SO EASY. Did I mention you will like it? It won't change the way your blog looks, just how easy it is to write, put pictures in and edit,etc.

ohhh…makes me miss your fam! that was the best party! xoxo

I Love Pretty Little Things says:

All of those pictures are so cute! I love the pedal pushers!!!

these are so pretty!

Love them! Just can't decide what color to get!

Love the red ones on the black and white… lovely! I love bags! ;)
    Jenn

very very nice! i think my fav way to wear them is dressed up on plain tees!

I of course LOVE them all… the end! :) You are just amazing..

L A C E Y says:

these are amazing! :)

MCH PHOTOGRAPHY says:

love the aqua poseys !! and so many uses..

Love those! I think they'd be cute on a headband in a mini version, too.I have a posy on my purse and want to add one of these soon! Saving up for a me spending spree but for now gotta budget ;).

I have one!… I have it on a bag :)

Giovanna says:

these are so beautiful! i discovered you from coeur de la and i want a petal pusher. thanks for the 101!

You already know this but I wore a snow white petal pusher in my hair at my wedding. So much easier than dealing with a fresh flower. You can see it here although my hair was a little messy from dancing at this point: http://sweeterstill.blogspot.com/2009/12/some-pleated-poppy-love.html

Still love the petal pushers!

Bob, Carol, Chris, Mike & Abby says:

I LOVE my Pedal Pushers!!! And as you can see you can't have too many!!! Love, love, love!

Katherine says:

So cute!! ALL of them :) You should transfer to WordPress…

Raylene Nicole says:

I love the looks you showed! those flowers are SO cute!

Ok… secret #1: I grew an inch and 1/2 in 9 hours.

how? you may be asking yourself… I had spinal correction surgery about 4 years ago because I had a spine shaped like an 'S'. I was actually really luck b/c of that… you could not tell I had an 'S' shaped spine by looking at me… so that was a blessing in and of itself :)

Thanks for sharing your secrets… it was fun to read them! I might take some inspiration from that for my 'Real Ray Wednesday' posts.

Anonymous says:

so cute

Sweet Peas says:

I love your site! Creative eye. Have you ever thought about a whole purse covered with petal pushers?