rearranging

my brother and his wife gave us a white slip covered couch when they moved to maui in january.
sooo nice, right?!
but what to do with it?
this poor couch has been moved around my house at least 7 times in the last couple months!
when we first got it we still had the christmas tree up, so we put it in the playroom.
i have always wanted a couch in there, or at least somewhere to sit, other than the floor or itty bitty metal folding chairs.

i *love* having a couch in there.
but maybe not this couch.
its just a bit too big.
a love seat would really be perfect in there.
so then i moved it out into the living room.
where it moved.
around and around and around.
it never felt right.

so now, its back in the playroom.
and that’s where it’ll stay.
for another week or 2.
’til i get bored again.

but for me, the best part about rearranging furniture is that i see my own stuff in a new light.
i appreciate what i have all over again, and try new things with it.
i realized how crazy i am about turquoise, red and gold-ish yellow all together in there.
it feels like an updated version of the primary colors.

i cleaned, organized and feel totally refreshed.
all because of moving a piece of furniture.

but don’t look at my counters – i can’t do it all!

ps – speaking of rearranging, have you checked out life. rearranged yet? my friend jeannett has a brilliant idea of using her blog for the better of others – go check her out, and while you’re there, enter her latest giveaway for some stinkin’ a.dorable knit hats!

Comments

LoveFeast Table says:

Love the bitty metal folding chairs!! Adorable!

MCH PHOTOGRAPHY says:

I love your coffee table

I'm with you! That's all I'm doing lately, rearranging and revamping what I've got. It is so refreshing. Right now, I'm working on painting all of our frames in our kitchen shelves white (so I can paint the back of the shelves grey…etc.) You get the idea! But like you said, I can look at things in a whole new light. Thanks for the great post…great sofa, by the way! –shaunna :)

Empty Nest Full Life says:

I will be about doing some of that today. I love it when I have the opportunity to freshen up everthing and make some changes. It's time here. Jackie

cute room, and I LOVE the coffee table with the little chairs that is so adorable!

Jeannett says:

you know, if the couch bugs you too much, you can always get rid of it my way. i have a love seat i'll trade you for it. but it's not as cute. just offering my help. cuz that's what friends do.

and thanks for the mention! :)

Oh I adore it in the playroom!
    Leave it there! Really cozies up the room and invites you to enjoy the space for a bit!
    What a nice gift to receive!
    I love my pottery barn slip covered sofa!
    xxooxx

k, so i'll bring some yummy brownies, and hang out on that comfy couch and keep you company while you sew away! sound like a plan. its so inviting in there.

ok…just putting it out there, if you never feel like you have the perfect spot for that couch, i, *ahem*, have been looking for a white couch and would l.o.v.e. to but it from you… only if you just don't want it anymore….
    but it does look darling in your house, you alway make things look so pretty, lindsey

I think it looks great in the playroom. It makes me want a couch in our playroom. And, to make ours as pretty as yours!

I love your home and the jars filled with toys….I do the same thing. Have a blessed day.

I use those same clear jars for making yogurt…but storing things that like is an excellent idea!

I love rearranging! My husband thinks I'm nuts because it usually happens while he is out of town and he comes back and the whole house looks different. I get so bored when things are always the same.

That couch is so pretty! I love how it is like a blank slate.

XOXO
    Jen

The Blog of Finleypotamus and His Little Kierbear says:

Love the metal chairs. Are those antiques? I want! :) I love how you have everything arranged!

Lisa Stone says:

Hi! I was wondering if you got my email the other day? I know with all the filters, sometimes things get missed or put in the wrong folder.

Let me know what you think!

Lisa Stone