revelation and rambling

we took a mini break and headed over to my brother and sister-in-law’s house at the end of last week.
these are pics from the drive.

the kids and i were literally shouting and gasping at the awesomeness of the hills!
we were kind of geeking out on them, but seriously, i have never seen anything so beautiful.

it was God revealing Himself to us in such a beautiful way!
the hills looked like they were on fire with all the poppies!

the drive took extra long since i kept stopping to take pictures.
the kids were shouting, “it’s gogeous!” (<- not a typo) and “you have to take more pictures!”.
it made the drive that is usually boring really fun.
love that!

so i have a crazy busy start of the week.
i have a boutique on tuesday night that i’m prepping for, that’s why i’ve been slightly m.i.a. lately.
right now i am working on more aprons (screwed up on a few last night and totally slowed my momentum – ugh!).

i made THE CUTEST ruffled checkbook covers you’ve ever seen!
if i have any left they’ll be listed in the shop on wednesday.
they coordinate with the covered notebooks and zippered pouches – so fun!

so if you’re local and want to come to a boutique in arroyo grande, send me an email (thepleatedpoppy@gmail.com) and i’ll give you directions!
its on tuesday night from 6 until 9 in a sweet new home with an urban barn feel to it.
come and do some mother’s day shopping!

my blog celebrated her 3rd birthday on saturday.
i totally forgot to plan a party!
so i’m aiming to do something fun fun next week.
be prepared!

ok, must go for now!
the sweat shop is beckoning me back…

-linds

Comments

I love that last one!!!!! They are all gorgeous!

Elizabeth says:

Those pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!! Makes me want to come visit!

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!
    Thanks for sharing :)

Amanda Jo says:

AMAZING!!!!!! What an amazing Creator we have!

We went to Bakersfield this weekend via route 46 East…and saw almost exactly what you just pictured! The views were totally amazing! Thanks for sharing the pics! See you Tues. :)

So beautiful! I'm jealous! We still have brown grass here… the trees are starting to bloom though!

I'm glad I can live vicariously through those in sunny California!

I Love Pretty Little Things says:

I love it that your kids appreciated the beauty of those hills, and they are BEAUTIFUL!!! They will always remember that.

Jessica Roy says:

We always love that drive…great pictures!

Such beautiful pictures. We live in a very picturesque area and I am constantly amazed by God's creation.

We went to the zoo last week and I almost cried watching the Gorillas because it was another reminder of his creation and how amazing it all is.
    beforethebabywakes.blogspot.com

Laura PARING DOWN says:

I can't pass by "gogeous" scenery like that either without stopping to appreciate it. LOVE the photos. Good luck with the boutique show!

Breathtaking scenery! Wow! I love the red poppies. Hello God. :)

WOW. Great pictures. I love Poppies. I had originally wanted my wedding bouquet to be Poppies. Unfortunately the they probably wouldn't have lasted. But neither did the way the florist did my bouquets. (grrrr)

Beautiful pictures and it fits so well with your blog name. I wish I was local. Boo hoo. I am sure it will be something worth attending.

Beautiful pictures!

Beth Eaton says:

It's amazing how God shows himself in such ways that some may not even notice yet others can't get enough of his glory!!

Between You and Me says:

beautiful pics that you captured on your drive…

and wish I lived closer so I could come to your show….

I'm so glad you got those pictures- I was out there a week ago and didn't bring my camera! Don't know if they'll be there the next time I go back…you rock. Save me some of your new ruffled checkbook covers and coordinates!

Empty Nest Full Life says:

Breathtaking views!Jackie

Hi I'm Amy, says:

WOW! I have never seen anything like that! Amazing. Like God had just left you and your family a special painting!

Laryssa Herbert says:

Such vast beauty!

Hi I'm Amy, says:

carmar76 says:

Gorgeous photos!

Wow! Those hills are gorgeous indeed!

Sunshine's Design says:

It looks like all that is missing in the pictures is the rainbow!
    So Beautiful!

Heather says:

Beautiful photos!

Melissa Stover says:

that is fabulous. i love the colors on those hills. what an incredible sight.

Debilou~Mississippi Mama says:

WOW,, beautiful pictures. God's painting!