guest blogger nicole: seven hundred and sixty two books

for those of you that are new here, nicole is my best friend and occasionally guest blogs for me.
as always, she’s a treat!
for spring break we decided to have a read-a-thon…we would read every children’s book in our house.

we didn’t quite make it.
we have way more books than we realized.
but it was awesome to “rediscover” some old favorites.

when asked, my 4 year old thinks we read a million books and my 2 year old says, “sooooo many”.
my more realistic 6 year old says, “about 762″…so we’re stickin’ with that.

still, at the top of our faves list, are the books above.
“Fool Moon Rising”, “Little Pea”, “Cookies”, and anything by Anglund are my must-haves.
you know it’s a good one when mama can read it over and over …and over…for years and years…and still enjoy it.
:) nicole

Comments

I Love Pretty Little Things says:

I LOVE BOOKS!!!
    I love to read for myself, and I loved reading to my kids, We had hundreds and hundreds of children's book, then I gave lots away, but I still have many because, someday I will hopefully have grandchildren that I can read our favorites to.
    Love this post!
    Joyce

Christina says:

Oh my gosh!! I LOVE this idea!!! We are going to be moving this summer … and I will be attempting an "unplugged" summer (no TV) … this will fit in perfectly. (And will be a good way to figure out what books we can pass on. I know there are some the kids have outgrown!!)

What fun!!

Little Pea is one of our favorites too! A recent fav is Not a Box … you should check that one out!

Sarah @ Mum In Bloom says:

This is such a great idea! I love you through and through I could read a million times too. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Jacky {The Sweetest Petunia} says:

Oh, I adore reading. Amelia Bedelia was always one of my favorites (that I can remember). I still read tons and tons of books. :)

crush. blog says:

we LOVE children's books!! currently having fun with the pigeon series.

I Sew Lucky says:

LOVE, I love you through and through! That is my youngest favorite. My oldest girls loved Junie B books for a few years there. I loved reading those to them before they could read. They cracked me up.

What a great idea to read every children's book in your collection. We will have to try this out, but I might take us longer than a week, because we have a ton of books. I am a firm believer that you can never have too many books!

I LOVE THIS IDEA!

I can't believe I'm going to sound exactly like Christina above (and I have no idea who she is) but we are moving this summer also. I had no idea how many books we have collected over the years until I started going through the shelves to see what we could garage sale. Oh it's so hard when they are all your favorites!
    Great photos.

Cute idea and thanks for the book recommendations… I'll be starting a little collection soon. I'll be sure to check out your favorites :)

I LOVE the Cookies book…there are several in the series now and all just as fabulous as the first one! Thanks for some other great recommendations!