spring sprain, errr… break

last week we had spring break.
on the friday before it officially started, i was not so smartly swinging lily between my legs and
*YANK*, i injured my back
(as you may have heard me whining about on twitter).
and by injured i mean screaming and stiff and stuck in a bent over position.
no fun.
by monday i was told by my chiro that i had sprained my i-don’t-know-what-you-call-it.
and sean was out of town for the.entire.week.
ugh.
thankfully, i began to heal quickly and even though i still felt crummy, we made the most of the week.
ok, thats not entirely true.
we made the most of a very lazy week.
the kids played so well and made the week off so easy and enjoyable for me, even with sean gone.  the.whole.week.
oh, wait.  did i already say that?
anyway, one of the few little outings we did was to walk downtown.
the weather was too beautiful to stay inside.
so i took silas, gracie and lily to one of my favorite shops
but sadly, it was closed.
so on we went, to splash in the fountain and then down to the creek
 to throw rocks
for as long as they wanted.
ok, until it was time to head home for dinner.
lily hung out with me
and made me laugh
(that’s a dried nectarine, not a nasty tongue)
and we enjoyed the view.
oh, and i also potty trained the boy.
imagine injured me crawling on all fours to wipe his buns.
good times.
and did i say i’d announce the winner of my birthday giveaway today?
i lied.
sorry.
blame it on the now reinjured back.
its coming tomorrow, with a surprise!

Comments

Heather :: AFD Jewelry :: says:

I hope your back feels better soon!

those littles are cute in sunglasses and sundresses!

Mama Mote says:

I can't believe I've never visited the Nest. How fun, though, to walk and play around the creek. I miss those places. Hope your back is better. hugs

Glad your back is feeling a little better… I have put my back "out" a few times… ouch!

Lovely day pics! fun town!! cute cute kiddo pics! and that shop…
    *sigh* looks fun!! =)

Jenn

OH .. I just love that creek. We had dinner overlooking that creek. So pretty at night, too. I was there on a weekend getaway with the Mister. So so beautiful. Avila Creek Inn.. oh my. Ahhhhh I just want to go back!!I hope you are feeling better soon. Congrats on the potty training.. that is huge!

Layton Family Joy says:

that view is great – what a fun day!

Between You and Me says:

hope you feel better soon…I've had tons of back problems…NO FUN.

can't wait for the surprise.

Beautiful photos, you are a trooper. As moms we often grin and bear it don't we? Hope you are on the mend. On a side note….I'm soooooo thrilled to see some new posey pins (in PINK) yahooo!Can't wait to order some.

Kim's Treasures says:

Ouchie! Feel better soon!!! Your kiddos are too cute!

cute pix.

i hope your back feels better too.

i injured mine in aug. and it still aches. errrrrrr!

it's crazy how a back injury can put the whole body/person out of whack.

We had spring break the same week… I'm already missing it :(

and, woohooo for the potty training!!

Very lovely family you have. Beautiful pictures, too!

Sorry to hear your back was out of commission during spring break!

My kids love to throw rocks in the water too – they can do it for hours!

Hope you get better soon.

What wonderful pictures. You should make a little book A Day of Spring Break. Sorry about your back.

okay i want a creek where i live too.lol. Feel better

Dang – now I'm really bummed I didn't come up! I could have helped you! Miss you guys – LOTS!

Jennifer says:

e that first pic of the three kids on the railing! Silas' glasses are classic and Lily is looking so grown-up. are you letting her hair grow out? i hope not, i LOVE here short hair.

So you must have a secret to potty training with a bad back because my back is fine and my daughter is NOT potty trained and I tried all week only to still be cleaning up her messes from everywhere but the potty! I hope you feel better soon.

So cute. Your babies are adorable and great pictures too!

Oh, I lived in SLO a few years ago and love that cute little store too! The downtown area is so lovely. Enjoy it!

The Nest is MY favorite too! My screensaver on my phone is a little display she had outside on one of my many visits there! My husband says he feels like he just walked into our house when we go in there. That is the BEST complement EVER! Love your blog, and thanks for sharing!

V and Co. says:

no way.
    my husband grew up in slo. and i went to cal poly.
    i.love.that.area.
    we have a lot of friends there.
    you are very lucky to live there!
    um but not so lucky on your back situation! i'm so sorry!

Jennifer says:

Just have to say I came across this post and thought "hey, I think I recognize that walkway…" then when I saw kids playing on the pebbles and the bigger view, my suspicions were confirmed!
    I adore SLO!! I was just there in January for a few days and enjoyed that very spot for a little respite after purchasing some new birks just a few steps from there.
    So jealous that you get to live near there!!! So sad that I think I missed the nest-I walked all over SLO but I don't think I saw that. :( It looks charming!!!
    I hope the back is better!!!