sweet shot

darcy at my 3 boybarians, has set up sweet shot tuesday,
where you can link up your favorite shot of the week.
this is mine.

it says so much to me:
pretty colors, prepped and ready to go for my new quilt
great light streaming in from my windows where i do most of my work
and the spools look good all the time – they didn’t move as i was taking the shot,
they are always smiling, and they never whine at me!
*****
in other news:
i’m gru-u-umpy today.
it’s official – my new bedtime needs to be before midnight.
i always aim for that and go a little past,
but it really affected my kids today as i was not a nice mommy.
not even a little bit.
so tonight, i’ll be in bed by 11:30,
and we’ll see if that makes a difference!
-linds

Comments

Be gentle to yourself – we all have days like that. Tomorrow is a new day and a new opportunity!

(You're not alone. I feel like I have PMS all the time these days. I thought my doctors and I had that one figured out…)

If it makes you feel better I am having the same issues today….my poor littles! Joanie is right…tomorrow is another day and we will try to do better!

Pretty thread! Makes me want to go and sew something!

How neat. What great colors. Makes me want to sew…

And it's been a long time!

simply pretty! love it!
    good luck on the bedtime…i am a night-owl tooo!
    sweet dreams!

Amanda @ Serenity Now says:

Hi there. I'm a new Follower. I struggle with going to bed early too b/c the time after my kids go to bed is "me" time. But when I stay up to enjoy "me" time, I am grumpy the next day too. :)

Love your shot:)

It's hard to be the Mommy:) Im so gald that you're not beating yourself up but figuring out how to fix the day:)

Lisa Stone says:

Don't be so hard on yourself. I have always felt that those opportunities are just a lesson learned. I always explain to my kids that I am not perfect and I will be happier and more patient tomorrow.

What a bright pretty shot! Just waiting to be used!

Ashleigh (Heart and Home) says:

The colors in that picture make me happy.

I'm learning recently, suddenly, that for a recovering perfectionist like me, I have to relish the imperfection as my new perfection. It's making all the difference. HUGS, beautiful, talented friend.

I just visited Darcy's blog and linked up… thanks for the intro!

Pretty colors…
    Thank God for His mercies & grace everyday, hope you get some rest and have a better day tomorrow :)

Fun and neat shot.

Grumpy must be in the air today… here's to more sleep and more patience!

Great shot though! Everyone has grumpy days.

We all have grumpy days and days we don't feel like we did a good job at being a parent, spouse, co-worker, etc. The next day has the promise to be much better.

Hello, I have visited you at in courage through Dayspring. I love reading all of the posts there. Your poppies…I am going to order some for my daughters who are 36 and 40 years young. Thank you ,stop by and see my blog too. nana C

Jacky {The Sweetest Petunia} says:

Mmmm, I love this shot, Lindsey. The colors are just gorgeous. Makes me want to sew something! :)

Hopefully your having a great day today! I ended up taking a nap yesterday because I was exhuausted, grumpy and had a headache. :-/

Jennifer says:

Such a pretty 'sweet shot' Lindsey! Love the colors.

50centlove says:

Lovely colors and nice set up!

Great shot! Love the colors, and it is nice to photograph something so cooperative!

Mandy [Mandy's Yellow Corner] says:

I love this picture!!! I would totally hang it in my sewing room. . . if I had a sewing room that wasn't more officially known as the dining room :]

mandiegirl says:

So, SEW pretty!

Darcy @ m3b says:

Oooohhh Linds. It's almost unfair. You're crafty, make gorgeous stuff, can throw together amazing outfits, and you have an eye for composition, too.

Love the depth of field on this one.