this is pathetic

i remember long ago on a blog (i don’t remember which one)
the writer posted pics of her outfits for a week.
i found it so interesting!
so i thought i’d share mine with you.
and as i downloaded them, i realized…
this is not interesting.
its pathetic.
i seriously need to stop saying seriously start wearing presentable clothes!
my poor husband!
anyhoo, here you go.
have a good laugh.
i didn’t even include the days where all i wore were pajamas.
and can you tell the weather has fluctuated quite a bit over the last week or so?
the cutest thing i wore in each of these pics was my shey {b} camera strap cover!
my camera was dressed better than me!
and i’m going to do this again.
and i’m going to really put some effort into it next time!
please still be my friend,
even if you wouldn’t want to be in public.

Comments

I think you're adorable!

how fun. i'm gonna do that too. if i ever get around to blogging again. i think you should've included the jammies. ;) be true to yourself now, i'll post my jammie pics! ;)

The Chubby Dove says:

I think you looked cute – I'd been seen with ya!

*TIP* Add a posy pin to your pjs to dress them up a bit. ha ha

My first comment to you! I personally like what you are wearing. Many an outfit I wear looks much the same. I went to Cal Poly and your style is very much Central Coast and I miss it!!

mandiegirl says:

You're cute! If I didn't have to dress for work every day, I'd wear my pjs more often than I should! ;)

shannon says:

I like your style! Nothing wrong with it. I love how your wearing shorts that then the next day pants and a long coat. There must have been a drastic change in the forecast. :)

Emily@remodelingthislife says:

you are so cute! we definitely have similar style of clothes. i think that is a good thing but maybe you don't :)

I keep thinking I'll do a fashion post but am too chicken.

Rebecca @ Piggy Bank Dating says:

I like that you re-wore the same shirt from day 1 on day 4! Savin' on laundry. :-)

Shealynn Benner says:

Are you kidding me? Poor husband? You look GREAT!!!

Where'd ya get the plaid shirt? Love it!

the thrifty ba says:

i love that 1st outfit! mostly because it screams warm weather and that is all i want for my birthday!
    i think you are cute! (in a non-lesbian-blog-follower-type-way)

Matt and Staci says:

First thing I noticed was the "weather change" between outfit A & B…haha! I would say they were pretty opposite:)

I think your outfits are cute & I like the slippers…true to life!

Anonymous says:

i loved this!!

Bryan and Ashlan says:

Wow, the weather did fluctuate! I think your outfits are adorable. You throw together the cutest outfits!! You need to show us your outfits for a week and wear a posy pin each day! :)

Anonymous says:

What are you talking about?! You're super cute and your hubby is one lucky guy! I love posts like this! So fun!!

SisterlyLove says:

I feel the same way!! I wish i would make more of an effort to dress "nice".. But i don't. I wear my Pj's ALL THE TIME! when i'm not wearing pj's i'm wearing stretchy pants. cause i like stretchy pants!! i guess you could say, My wardrobe revolves around comfort.

♥Bree says:

I like the jeans with the cardigan..its my favorite but i enjoyed this post bc the weather has fluctuated so much here as well. I like seeing what other people wear. Thank you for the post.

Elizabeth says:

Hey, I think you look cute! I love the plaid shirt. I think, as moms, it's hard to dress up any more than that and not look silly. Most of the other moms I see at school are wearing sweats, so if I am coordinated at ALL, I figure I have a leg up.
    And ps- what is the paint color in your bathroom? Sorry to be a stalker, it's exactly the color I'm looking for and it's hard to match perfectly. Is it Silver Sage?

beachy keen girl says:

what a cute idea! And it's fun to look back on your week like that :) Although if it were me I'd probably have on the same black yoga pants all the time ;)

what a fun idea! i loved looking at your outfits! i don't even own a nice camera, but that sheyb strap makes me feel like i really need to get one now! ADORABLE!

Debilou~Mississippi Mama says:

you're brave,, no way i'd do that.. cause i'm sure mine would be seriously (ha ha) pathetic..

Jessica says:

You are so cute. I wish you lived in Nashville so we could hang out.

Karisa Tells All says:

if your outfits aren't presentable then what the heck are mine?? And I go out in public wearing mine! You look great :)

I loved this! I think I should try this. See what I look like through the eyes of a camera. But, you have nothing to worry about! You are cute. And I love that plaid shirt!

lol-this is a cute idea-I should try it…maybe it would push me to step out of my comfort zone and dress a little cuter instead of yoga pants and tshirts ;)

You are too cute! And I especially like the slippers.

I do think you should have added the PJ pictures though!

Celeste says:

you look perfectly cute to me! ;)
    …honestly!

p.s. we have the same shey b cover! :) love mine!

You are so cute! I like those outfits. My kids are dressed better than I am. Easy to see where our clothing budget gets spent!

Kristin says:

Such a cute idea! Might have to try it! It at least gives inspiration to try to look cute everyday! :)

Just Beachy says:

Your too funny , if I looked as good as you and had such cute outfits I would photograph myself everyday just for fun , your adorable and your husband is lucky to have a wife so stylish and cute , really girl , when I was cute and thin and able to wear anything I didn't really know it either and then I got fat , now I am spending most of my day just trying to get back to that place , bummer…. if your husband doesn't tell you than hear me loud and clear your stunning and if I could trade places I would …

I love your shirt in pics 1 and 4 :0). You are so not pathetic… my sweats 4+ days a week now that is pathetic. Sean is fairing better than his cousin.

I think you are looking like a pretty cute mama!

This Beautiful Life says:

I like the clothes post. And I think they are cute clothes!

OH SERIOUSLY!!! ;o)
    This is one of the best post I have ever read!
    So REAL!
    ANd I love it!
    And oh how I laughed…
    when you mentioned PAJAMAS!
    It is now 3:40…P.M….and I am still in PJ bottoms!
    Shhhhh!
    Don't tell anyone…especially my hub who is at work!
    Getting ready to change into my workout clothes….and workout…and then get all spiffyed up for hubs arrival home! hahahahaah! ;o)
    You know what!?
    I SERIOUSLY love all of your outfits! xo

Well, I think you look cute. I wear stretch pants A LOT and I didn't see one pair on you in these photos. Go you. ;)

I have recently started reading your blog and love it!!

What a fun post and I think you are too cute and so are your outfits:)

Between You and Me says:

you look great! I did wonder about the weather when you were in shorts and a sleeveless one day and wintery clothes the next….

love the camera strap..thanks for the heads up about that!

Frugal Home Designs says:

Wow, now I feel pretty bad. This is how I dress on my GOOD DAYS. Apparently I need to put a little more effort into it too. You look super cute in all those outifts.

Melissa Stover says:

i think your outfits are adorable. i'm wondering if you live in arkansas. seems your weather is as crazy as ours.

Amy@OCD: Obsessive Creative Disorder says:

I love this idea! I have got to do it! It looks so fun!

I think your outfits are adorable, but my REALLY IMPORTANT question is: what is the paint color on the wall behind you????? I am dying to know. PLEASE TELL!!! :)

Valerie says:

Yeah, but what I love is that you're real, like the rest of us. Remember most people only show their "cutest" side on the blogs, outfits included, so you just made me feel like we have more in common! :)

The Venturas says:

Well, you look well dressed to me (: But then again, I live in Hawaii and it doesn't take much to get dressed up around here…

Christina says:

I thought you look cute in every picture!!! Yes, you might not be dressed sexy but … uhhh … would your hubby really want you walking around town looking super foxy? I love the ruffle tank top. I think I would live in that top!!!

I love it! I think you looked pretty darn cute each day!

what? there was no hat with pig tails day!!

ahhh, but you were wearing your slippers… the lindsey i know and love.

That is a fun idea! I think you are adorable. Oh — how I wish I could be wearing shorts. Alas, the high today was 38 and there's still snow on the ground. My outfits look more like the one of you in the coat.

I love this idea though!

XOOX
    Jen

carmar76 says:

I love the outfits, especially the plaid! Cute!

I actually think your outfits are rather brilliant. They're simple and passe-partout and sometimes that's all that matters.

Saving For Someday says:

This isn't pathetic, it's honest. I don't think I could ever do this. I know I wouldn't even have a fancy camera strap to distract people. You look adorable!

the smith family says:

that was such a funny post. i love the versatile use of the little plaid tank. tank top and then over a short sleeved top. p.s. LOVE the beadboard, baseboard, and door in the room you took your pics. my hubby is a painting contractor, so i have come to appreciate all things painted!

Love your blog and I think your outfits are cute! Now, about that paint color in the background…love it! Just wondering the brand/name of it , if you share? Thanks so much, Deb

Jacky {The Sweetest Petunia} says:

Lindsey, if it's any consolation, I think you are adorable. Really! I didn't see pajamas, so it's all good…although pajamas would've been fine, too. :D

P.S. I added pages to my blog, so you just might find your button under Blogs I Like. ;)

props to you for even geting dressed most days!

hahah the difference between the first and second pic is so funny.

i looooove the camera strap! i think my hub is getting me a nice camerea for my bday, and i totally want that strap to go with it!

Jenny Lynn says:

Love it :)

I wore the same black dress for a week and tried to accessorize it differently all week. No one at work even noticed that it was the same dress!

I blogged about it here:

Heather L. says:

You look adorable! And you are WAY more stylish than I am, for sure!

Melanie says:

I think that you look cute but I totally understand. I get dressed everyday (well, almost everyday) and it is the same thing over and over again.

I really need to go and shop for some new things.

I'm with the rest of your followers – you look cute!

I may just be wearing the same thing three days in a row if they are clean and we don't have to see anyone :). We homeschool and I end up in an apron most days so my clothes stay clean! :) Don't worry I do shower on those days!

Sunshine's Design says:

I am afraid that those outfits look much better than what I would have on for the week! This week I htink it has been pajama's every single day! Does working on spring cleaning count for not getting dressed?

Christine says:

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself. I think everything looked really cute. It tends to be hard to get all dressed up when your at home with the kids, home schooling, and keeping up the house. It's almost why go through it all when your home most of the time. Who is there to impress?

I am a S.A.H.M. and living in AZ where the weather is near 90 degrees today I live in shorts , cool tops and flip flops. I do apply make everyday but that's about it.
    I know that I should do better than that but when it's so hot outside anything more is just too much.

Have a great day!

Not pathetic- very fun!

If you aren't presentable (or you think that your clothes aren't), I am in BIG trouble!! You're too cute!

Brooklyn says:

oh lindsey, you're a doll.

1 Funky Woman says:

What a cute idea! I love your grey tank with the ruffles!

HaHaHa! funny, I'll still be your friend, so glad other people live in p.j.'s like I do.lol!

I think you are adorable!….and so petite!
    Did you mean lucky husband???

My favorite look is the plaid shirt over the white tank with the tan cardigan!

You are lovely…don't change =)

What about this is pathetic?! Your outfits are ADORABLE! If I did a post like this, it would be short/ long sleeved tee (depending on the weather) and jeans every single day.

DiSailsToo says:

Haha! Sometimes when I do the laundry, I'm shocked to find how many days of the week I didn't change out of my PJ's! This working at home has surely changed my fashion style, too!

Thank you or being real. I think Poor husband all the time.

Austin Lovelys says:

not pathetic at all!! I wear pjs all the time! And trust me you are not the only that thinks….my poor husband! I'm one of them!

Design A-Peele says:

I am going to do this on Friday. I am kind of excited about it now. Thanks for being real and for the idea!

Em @ Bunch of Scrap says:

This is not pathetic! I LOVE your style… please don't stop ;) BTW, I love your hair!~

Hey…could you please pretty please tell me where you got the grey top with the ruffles? I Luuurrrrve it! For cute! Much thanks!