what i wore this week – week 3

i’ve decided spring on the central coast is very fickle.
yesterday was about 85 degrees.
the kids were getting hosed down on the trampoline in their bathing suits.
today is chilly and overcast.
so there’s a little background on the variation of outfits!

friday:
like the wet hair? i’m starting a new trend.
sweater: target
dress: old navy
jeans: old navy
shoes: walmart

saturday:
we worked in the garden most of the day, so these are my grubbies.
later saturday:
sweater: old navy
shirt dress: old navy
scarf: forever21
posy and petal pusher: the pleated poppy
jeans: local shop
flats: target
 here’s a close-up for you.
necklace by lisa leonard.
 sunday:
now that i’m doing this project, i can see what i wear a lot of.
this is the 3rd sunday in a row that i’ve worn this pink sweater!
that tells me i need another colored cardi!
sweater: target
shirt: mervyn’s
pants: forever21
shoes: marshall’s
 camera strap: shey b!
  monday:
we woke up sooo late.
thankfully joy was able to pick gracie up for school since we were nowhere near ready!
you don’t even want to know where i got any of it –
who would want to replicate that?!
oh, my flips are rainbows, the best flip flops in the world.
i’ve had mine for at least 12 years!
 tuesday:
the kids have gymnastics tuesday mornings.
silas’ class is “mommy and me” so i always dress comfy on tuesdays.
vest: target
grey striped henley: target
jeans: old and patched by me
slippers: target

wednesday:
this is what i wore for drop-off.
sweater: target
shirt: forever21, ruffled by me
jeans: local boutique
shoes: marshall’s

wednesday (again):
i had to go back to school because i serve lunch to the kiddos on wednesdays, and the weather had turned!
i was freezing!
hat: payless shoes
sweater: old navy
jeans: local shop
boots: miz moos online somewhere?
 i’m debating if i should continue with this idea or give it up.
i mean, i keep wearing the same things over and over!
what do you think?
and anyone want to join me and share what you’re wearing?

Comments

Keep doing it!! It's fun to see what others wear and get fun ideas. I look forward to seeing your week. Thanks!

Korie B. says:

Oh, please keep it up! As a SAHM of a 4yo & 14 month old, my wardrobe lacks inspiration. My "momiform" consists of T-shirts & jeans. I love seeing your outfits & saying to myself, "Hey, you could pull that off!". Keep the pics coming!

You should keep at it. I think your style is very similar to mine and you've given me a few ideas. I love how this week incorporates more poppies. I need to wear mine more but I'm not always sure how to…so you're helping your business too. For a mom of three you look great and have great style.

I enjoy seeing your outfits too! Because of you, I've been inspired to wear short dresses with jeans — so cute :)! And I love cardis, too. May start sharing what I wear everyday … although I do repeat stuff quite frequently!

Sandy a la Mode says:

your soo lucky you have such warm weather! its like 40s where i am, boo! i LOVE the yellow scarf with the pleated poppies, hehe! the poppies really spice it up and make it more visually interesting! =)

Ohhhh….You are such a cutie! I love seeing your outfits! I wish I could get my act together and look that cute every day! I wish I could get up at least an hour before my kids and just DO it!

Fieldstone Academy says:

I love seeing your outfits because it gives me ideas! Please keep it up. Also I love Rainbow sandals also. I grew up in Orange County and wore them everyday. I can not tell you how many pairs I have owned. Thanks for your inspiration. PS if I can look as good as you do on your bad days on my good days then I would be doing good!

One Girl says:

I love the picture posts of what you daily wear! I love getting new style ideas of what to wear with what! I say keep doing it!

Ps. I love that one of your shirts was from mervyns I worked in a MN Mervyns before it closed back in the day during HS and college.

Short Southern Momma says:

Keep doing it! I love to see what your wearing! I love your style! xoxo

I am enjoying it. I am actually going to copy. I will post at the end of the week. It might be a one week thing, but I am giving it a shot.

Keep it up! Your outfits are so cute… you have great style and I love seeing the outfits you put together.

the paisley moo says:

ooh…keep it up!! I love your style and cuteness. I would totally raid your closet:)

keep it up I love getting ideas from your wardrobe, we share the same shape and alot of stuff Ive never thought would look good on me looks great on you so Ive started branching out when trying on clothes.

i started to… i really did. but then i got sorta depressed when i realized that i would wear something out that i was totally embarrassed to share on line. really? but i always love seeing your outfits. (it helps me know how to dress!)

Paula Prass says:

Love your outfits, Ms. J Crew!

Lindsey, it has been fun for us, but you only should keep doing it if YOU are having fun, too!
    I think the more thought you put on it, the better you will dress! So, maybe it's worth the hard work.

This Texas Momma says:

I love seeing what you wear! It makes me realize I dress more like a dumpy-mom than I thought I did, and inspires me to change it…….some day. And the weather here was overcast with a chilly wind too. Isn't it almost May?!

I love seeing what you wear. I just like to pretend that I get dressed everyday. haha

If I posted pics of myself, I would be wearing my navy blue hoodie and black yoga pants everyday! Well, not everyday. I get dressed for church. hahahaha

Definitely keep it up! I tried to do it last week but I ended up with a series of sad grey and black outfits. Who would want to see those?!

Please, keep doing it! enjoy it so much and i always get nice ideas to be chic with casual things… Love it!
    Oh, and I'd join you if I were just a bit photogenic as you are… I always look terrible in photos!

Keep doing it! You have such great taste. I love the white dress. And the scarf, and everything really. Keep up the good work, you're beautiful

Please keep sharing!! You are inspiring me to try new looks – I love it!!! Love how you add the posies too – such a great touch. Also love the dresses over jeans – have to try that some! Thanks for sharing and please keep it up if you are up for it!

Elizabeth Johnson says:

I have the same sweater from old navy in green. I washed mine and it got all pilly. Has that happened to you?

I like seeing your outfits!

Desiree Wong says:

keep it up, i think it's fun! :) and man, do you work out or what?! your tank top "grubbie" picture put my arms to major shame! you're buff! :D lol!

mel @ the larson lingo says:

I have loved seeing this post for the past few weeks! I love your style, you are so cute! Once we are moved in to our new house, I want to start doing this.
    P.S. What is the paint color of your bathroom?!?! I LOVE it & want to paint our guest room that color.

♥Amber Filkins♥ says:

Okay, I am ♥♥♥ing your what I wore posts. I sit here & ooh and ahhh at how cute you are and how you can pull off anything. I am super jealous of your hott little body, and I wish I was your size! I love the dresses with the sweaters and jeans. I've always wanted to dress like that.

But I get what you're saying about repeating clothes. I mean, you only have so many clothes, and you obviously repeat them. I bet it's probably helping you to mix it up some, huh?

Anyways, I love it! And I totally get the fickle spring weather. I'm a Cali girl too.

keep it up :)

Anonymous says:

I think you should keep doing it because I like to see what you where . . . very intersting!

House Queen says:

I think you look great in all the pics girl! If I looked as cute as you…I would totally play along!!!!

As I sit here in my trackie (my excuse is I am heading to the gym later on!!!) looking very not gorgeous it is lovely seeing your array of clothes & the way you accesorise is totally me – thanks for inspiring us all!!! TK

Chic Mama says:

Yes keep going!! I think I need to join in so that I will dress better! Cute clothes by the way!

I happen to love it! I'm a terrible, boring, untrendy dresser and I love to see what you put together. So clever. I wish the t-shirt dresses would work for me! But, I'm 5 feet tall and that's a NO GO. I'd look like a midget who got confused!

Sara @ It's Good to be Queen says:

oh keep doing it! i love it, it's so fun. and you give me good outfit ideas. :)

Ok.. I'll do it. But, I need to get a shot of me not at this moment at5:25 am. I love these posts… love them.

Elizabeth says:

I have been thinking about joining you in this, hoping that it would help me put a little thought into my outfits! I feel like I have cute stuff, but I always reach for the boring stuff- and I could accessorize it more, but I am always afraid people will look at me and think I'm 'overdressed'. Silly, right?
    Still dying to know what the paint color in your bathroom is! I'm not a stalker… really…

Empty Nest Full Life says:

Love seeing all of your outfits. It might help this fashion challenged girl, and Oh, your grubbies look way better than mine. Jackie

I Sew Lucky says:

Your outfits are so cute! Keep going with it:)

I say keep going. I would love to participate… it would definitely keep me on my toes, but I don't have a mirror to take pictures in. I guess I could remedy that and buy one {or just use the self timer feature on my camera, but buying one sounds much more practical ;) }. So if you keep it up – I am in next week!

Hillary @ The Other Mama says:

I wish I had other options to show the world, but I shoot for trying not to wear the same thing in front of the same people every. single. day. Love your series, though! And how in the world do you remember where you got it all? THAT is impressive!

Keep going! I'm eventually going to take some pics of myself! I'll just let you know, today I'm wearing a red fluffy robe. :)

Jason and Anna says:

Hmm. I think your outfits are quite fun. I really like that sweater thing. I wouldn't have guessed it was from Old Navy. So I WANT to join you and yet….not sure if I'd remember each day. haha. But…it may make me think a little harder about what I'm wearing which is probably a good thing. Not sure though what people would think of my typical Sat. outfit lately…hmmm Nice. Well…we'll see what happens.

c.griffith says:

love it! enjoy seeing your outfits! stumbled upon your blog from a friend and really enjoy your posts and all of your cute creations. you are inspiring me to get to work on my own stuff! thanks!

I Love Pretty Little Things says:

I love all of your outfits. They are comfy, cute, and very mod-girl, urban-chic, young.

Keep going! I am getting a lot of ideas from you.
    I would never be as brave as you are-
    some of the stay-at-home-day outfits are just too hideous! Plus you're young and cute. That helps…

Have a great day,
    Joyce

Kristiina says:

Please keep doing it…I couldn't remember which day you usually do and yesterday I kept waiting for the post LOL Plus, I really like seeing how you use your posies…

-kristiina :)

Kelly at I Dream of Decor says:

Love it! please keep doing it since like others said you give us ideas too:) Your style is very much like what I wear, comfy mommy chic! love your poppy pins too, plan on buying some very soon

twolittletots says:

keep doing it! it is fun to see and giving me fun ideas of what i could wear! i want to join in, i just have been sick as a dog…so i will next week!

thanks!

Melodie Monberg says:

I love these posts as it inspires me to relook in my closet…and put something together that is not jeans and a long sleeved t shirt. Very fun!

i think you are about as cute as can be so keep sharing. also, love the longer length on your necklace. how long is that chain, i need to switch mine to that or get another :)

You should keep it up! It is fun to check out other peoples clothes! Maybe I will take pictures and play along this week, though my clothes are not nearly as cute as yours!

Anonymous says:

Ohhh…keep it going! Love it!!

Connie Weiss says:

I love that you're doing this and I want to do it too. Is there a set day that you post these for linking up?

L~ @prim4Him says:

YES keep doing it! :)

Why do we all like this???
    You look great BTW! :)
    Now I need some poppy power to add to my wardrobe!

I will start Monday & play along!!! YEA!
    L~

Such a fun idea…and darling outfits. Love the poppies!!

Katy Montgomery says:

Love your sense of style! I think the first one is my fav! Love the camera strap too. I am gonna have to visit that site! Love your blog!

i have never commented before…but keep doing it…i love socal style (kansas girl with socal family) i love your style so much and love to see what you come up with. and btw, could you tell me what brand and color the paint is behind all your style shots?? looking for a color for a newly remodeled room and i am loving that color! thanks!!!

Oooh I love, LOVE, lOVE, lovE, LoVe, LOOOOove your sense of style. Adorable, I tell you…stinkin' adorable!! You are inspiring the stuffings out of me. It's 8:39 am and your post is giving me a much needed urge to go "cute myself up" for the day. Please keep doing these posts! I absolutely love them. You are such a beautiful lady : ) I think I'm going to have to hop on over to your shop and buy myself a treat.

Blessings to you!