what i wore this week

hey all!
so i’m keeping my word (can you believe it?!)
i took pics of myself everyday for the last few days and here is the good, bad and the ugly!
i actually put a little thought into what i wore this week, knowing i’d be keeping accountable to you
so i’m sure my husband thanks you!
this is what i wore on friday
which is really surprising since i usually don’t get dressed at all on fridays since we don’t usually go anywhere!
the dress is from target
jeans from target
copper flats from target
necklace from the pleated poppy (!!!)
and because i’m always cold
i added an oatmeal colored sweater from old navy.

this would be my standard.
its really bad!
these would be sean’s jammie pants and his sweatshirt
the leopard slippers are from target (i’m seeing a trend here)
the only positive in this pic is my beautiful camera strap from shey b!
later on saturday i changed into this.
i never look decent on a saturday,
so i’m guessing i only put some effort into this since sean was gone all week.
scarf from a boutique downtown (maybe $10)
petal pusher from the pleated poppy
sweater from my sister (*love*)
brown $5 tank
same jeans as above from target
same copper flats from target

this is what i wore to church on sunday.
pink sweater from target
dress from girl’s section of target (size 14/16 – great for tunics!)
belt from target
tights from walmart
boots from forever21

and because i can’t stand the elastic around my waist for too long form tights,
as soon as we walked in the door from church i changed into jeans, took off the belt, buttoned up the sweater, and added a scarf.
jeans and scarf from a downtown boutique
steve madden shoes from nordstrom (about 10 yrs old)

monday was freezing and raining.
and by freezing i mean 55 degrees.
knit hat by my friend emily
pea green henley form target
fur lined sweatshirt from local surf shop (sean bartered work for product there!)
jeans from target
fake uggs from costco (i think? they’re super old)

tuesday:
old man sweater from forever21
 tshirt from forever21, then remade by me
jeans from boutique downtown, patched by me
slippers from target

today, running errands, staying home w/ #2 & 3, mtg at school.
scarf from forever21 ($5)
sweater from old navy
long sleeve shirt under from target
jeans from local boutique
flats from target

i’d love to see what YOU’VE been wearing lately!
link up below and share your own “what i wore…” post!
can’t wait to see!

later –
linds

Comments

I have those same copper flats…I love them!

the paisley moo says:

If we were neighbors (and I was tiny like you) I would raid your closet:) LOve the sweaters!!

Emily@remodelingthislife says:

super cute! you make me want to burn all my clothes and start over. all my outfits look like your tuesday outfit.

Layton Family Joy says:

you're too pretty for that frumpy sweatshirt – toss it!! =)
    Stef

I Sew Lucky says:

You are just too cute. I love the Old man sweater from forever 21:)

Design A-Peele says:

you look too cute!

Well you are so darned cute and tiny you make it all look stylish!!

You look so cute everyday. My clothes are all tshirts and jeans. EVen when you are hanging out you look super cute.

Dana @ Bungalow'56 says:

I agree with Emily, this post has made me feel like a FRUMPY MUMMY. Thanks for the closet inspiration. I need to start working on this. I even retweeted it to my tweeps!

You're so darn cute! I love your style! Makes me want to lose 50 pounds so that I can pull-off stuff like that! ha!

I love that shirt that you made in the last picture! I've been looking back every now and then but the pattern is still sold out! :( Love your outfits!!!

You are darling!

Megan (Best of Fates) says:

You're so stylish!

Man, I need to be better about lookin' good if everybody else is going to step it up.

Mandy - Crafty Angel says:

Hi hunny, I have been a follower of your blog for a few weeks now and just didnt know how to word any posts, but I am just loving you sharing what you wear…..very inspiring! so glad I am not the only momma out there that lives in my slippers and comfies! love your style…and as for your fabric work….just breathtaking! so so happy I found your blog xx

{{hugs}}mandyxx

MOM OF 2 says:

You look so adorable…I would be too embarassed to show what I wear. You are lucky to be so tall and thin…I am short and stubby, so stuff doesn't hang well on me. I have enjoyed these post though! :)

Okay, I'm loving this game! Is it going to be a weekly thing? I'll take some pics and get prepared. You are so cute! I always want to wear scarves but I don't know how. I have that same pinkish dress but I never thought of wearing it over jeans! Great idea! :) I LIVE in my slippers. LOVE it!

Lovin' the Tuesday outfit!

Sweeter Still says:

I love that the bulk of your outfits are comprised of stuff from target, old navy and forever 21! Expensive clothes are nice for expensive occasions in my opinion. My go-to staples need to be slightly more "disposable" and those stores sell cute stuff that won't break your heart if they get ruined. And we've all done the hubby's sweatshirt/pj pants combo at least once!

hopefuls #1 says:

You have the cutest style! I love it!

I need to be more explorative with the items I have in my closet. When I think that I am, my husband always shoots me down and tells me that I look retarded. I like to venture outside the box, just don't do it that often…

Your outfits are great!

Lovely outfits!!! Specially like the way you went to church! SO cute!

Okay, your what I wore posts fascinate me….and I don't mean that in a creepy way. It's just fun to see what other people have in their closets! Love your Amelia shirt. After your original post about it, I realized, "That's just like a pillowcase dress!" I literally cut up an old pillowcase to figure out my sizing (who knew? I'm standard pillowcase size!) and made my own version. I posted it here:
    and I wear it ALL THE TIME, now. Must make more!

I love seeing all of your funky outfits and fun accessories. I think maybe I'll start this today for my blog. Sadly, I'm wearing grey so about as boring as I can get.

cute. cute. cute. thanks for including the jammies. making me feel better, since i took a picture of me in mine. my daughter asked, "why are you taking a picture in your jammies?" "well, its for everybody in blogland to see of course!" sounds ridiculous. glad you did it first! i'll post mine this weekend.;) maybe.

Short Southern Momma says:

I love all your looks girl! So fun and relaxed! Hope your having a wonderful day! xoxo

Very cute!
    …and, I have that same girls' dress from Target — it really is worth it to check out the girls' section… I've found a lot of cute stuff there for myself ;)

Your outfits are so cute :)

LOVE the looks! I am a HUGE fan of Target. They should charge me rent – I hang out there so much :) Love the idea of the tunic from the girls section. Never would've thought to do that, but GREAT idea!!

your outfits are adorable! i love the white shirt from forever 21 that you remade – thanks for the tutorial! i can't wait to try it out! i love looking at all these pics, and totally want to copy you after i have my baby… because, seriously, nobody needs to be seeing what i have been wearing these past couple of weeks. sick. haha

Cute post and cute outfits!

I loved the idea of photographing and posting your everyday outfits. I am too shy for that!
    Like you said, you are already looking better because you are putting more thought on what you wear. I think that is really great! But you are always cute, no matter what!

momof3girls says:

I love your saturday look, with the scarve and floral pin!! How adorable are you! and those cute leopard shoes – I think I have shoe envy!! I am not brave enough to record what I wear for an entire week! but I might think about it – and yes, my hubby would send you flowers probably!

I love the Sunday outfit. Love the boots and the pink sweater especially. You are brave I HATE to have my picture taken let alone show people what I'm wearing (too self conscious).

Heather | Cookie Mondays says:

believe me, you do NOT wanna know what I've been wearing (for the past 4 months or so!)

you are adorable, though!

i have the copper flats :)

Sandy a la Mode says:

love the camera strap cover!! i have a similar one that i made!

So So cute! My fave is the tunic with the boots. And the shirt that you made too. I have made shirts like that for my daughter… why in the world have I not thought of making one for myself???

I was just directed to your blog by a friend and I'm so glad. Can't wait to read more!

Jenny
    Southern Institute for Domestic Arts and Crafts

Heather Tomhave says:

I am so going to check the little girls section the next time I'm in Target for some fun little tunics! Great tip! And, you look adorable!

Danielle says:

LOVE them all. especially the girls dress, too cute. I always get cold too, I'm forever taking a cardigan in my bag even when it's hot {just incase}

I'll play along next week.

I am sensing you like Target!! =)
    You are adorable! am I allowed to say that?

I need a wardrobe make over and STacy and Clinton need to be involved!! I go shopping … I don't like anything on me… and I leave empty handed!! =) I need intervention before I run out of clothes! I miss the 80's … =)

krystina says:

i would definitely have to dress better if i were to post what i wore on my blog, so as not to scare anyone away! for instance yesterday i changed into ladies pajamas from mens pajamas that i slept in to drop the kids off at school – then i saw your cute outfit at school and went "she's always so darn cute!"

the gypsy chick says:

I love this…I am 36 & having a clothes identity crises. I went shopping with my 16 year old on Sunday and found the cutest little sweater. Then was told that I am too old to shop in the Jr. department at Nordstoms.
    For for the rest of the day I tried to shop in more "mature" stores, but went into sticker shock. I just can't afford to pay $120 for a shirt. So now I'm off to childrens section @ target & really don't care what she thinks… :)

one thing that i love is that you re-wear your jeans… and also your outfits show your creativity and ability to blend colors just like your products! you are so cute!!

(i've been reading your blog for a year or so now and it's one of my favorites.)

Between You and Me says:

I work out every single morning at the gym so my daily attire ends up being my workout clothes until sometime in the afternoon.

SO BORING. I promise, that I have cute clothes…I just only wear them on the weekends.

maybe I could take pictures of my weekend getup?

I love these posts! I love to see what others wear, I think your style is fantastic!

bullie_mama says:

LOVE these "what I wore" posts. I'm gonna take your challenge! ;-) How fun and you've got GREAT style, btw!

Fun – and so cute! (Sorry I don't yet have the creativity or the guts to participate!) I think we're all learning a lot from you! Thanks for sharing. :)

You're so stinkin cute!! I just recently started posting what I've been wearing. Seems to be a trend going on :)

Kimberly Knoess says:

Just found the blog and will be back! This is the best idea for a post that I've seen! I wish I was brave enough to show myself in my less than creative wardrobe……..

You're so stylish in a not trying so hard kind of way! I think I need to go to Target today and get a new outfit!

Oh my goodness what style is this? The clothes do not flatter you at all. Seriously!!! I am being honest with you. You are a representative of the LORD. An "advertisement," if you will, for the LORD. When Christian women are out shopping or running errands, it does matter what you look like. It matters what statement you are making about the LORD and about the reputation of you and your family.
    When did we as women become so lazy and take so little time and effort into looking like WOMEN????

pleated poppy says:

wow, dawn! i am really surprised by your reaction. i feel like christian women most importantly need to be modest in their clothing choices, which i was very much so in ALL of the above pictures. i can see that the picture of me in sweats looked very lazy, but that was because i was showing my reality, and i did not leave the house that day. i do feel that we represent the Lord, but that our looks and appearance and vanity is not of the utmost importance. i would much rather spend time in front of my children and husband than in front of the mirror, getting gussied up to represent God. i feel that that is what we are called to more than looking good for other people. i do appreciate you commenting, even though i do not agree with your opinion.

Dawn Womble says:

Pleated Poppy,
    Your clothing is definately modest. That was not my issue. What my point was that some of the clothes were terribly baggy on you and don't flatter your figure. You have a cute figure. I do agree with you on spending time with our kids and our hubby is more important than getting all gussied up. But, I wasn't expecting you to spend hours in front of the mirror. And I don't think it would take you much effort to get gussied or even half-gussied up. We represent God at all times, gussied or not.

PS.
    My fav. outfit was the Sunday Church outfit.

Okay I will link my blog on Friday with what i wore for the week. I love this, I just love your style. The two shirts that you did are totally AWESOME!!! I have made pillowcase tops before but you have just re-inspired me. Thanks for sharing. ;-)

this is great. i have those copper flats, too! and a lot of toehr target flats – cuz they rock!!! love the single patch on those jeans. ;)

Anonymous says:

Wow! I need to shop at Target more often. Love your style, and your home…makes me want to re-do my house colors, furniture and my wardrobe! just found your blog yesterday and love it.
    ~Shea

Okay I did it and I posted it on my blog, this was fun to do, thanks for sharing, you are too cute!!!

KKGhoffman says:

LOve your blog and seeing what you wear!! I did it too http://kkghoffman.blogspot.com/2010/04/what-i-wore-this-week.html