double day

10 years ago today…
i married the man that is snoring next to me now (!!!).
as crazy as it sounds, i knew i loved him looong before i ever should have.
hey, i was 18 when we met – young love!
after 3 1/2 years of dating, we finally got hitched.
at the ripe old ages of 21 and 24.
and today, 10 years later, he still has me.
he has me wrapped around his finger.
and he gets me.
he meets me where i am.
in the crazy.
in the overwhelmed.
in the deep end.
he rescues me and reminds me of why i love him.
he is my favorite person.
to say he is a hard worker is an understatement.
he takes his job as our provider very seriously.
i want nothing more than to be with him endlessly.
if i could have things my way, he’d work with me at home, run my business,
allow me to create and sew, and we parent and school the kids together.
side by side.

and i’d even let him take off on a bike ride whenever he wanted!
see?
i’d be such a great boss!
what do you think, babe?
he lets me dream and ramble and then gently brings me back to reality,
and helps me find a way to bring dream and reality together.
he is awesome.
and he is mine.
thank you God!
i am smitten.
* * * * *
7 years ago today
this little peanut came into our lives.
into our world.
on our anniversary!

gracie –
you were the most amazing anniversary gift we could ever receive!
you have forever changed our lives.
we are so thankful for that.
you are a spunky, fun-loving girly
who loves to laugh!
i love that you “get” jokes now.
but my favorite part is that you always take a second after the punch line to ponder it,
then burst out laughing with a “BAAAHH!”.
you are so considerate of others and are a great friend.
you are quick to forgive
and, true to your name, are generous with giving grace.
because i need it, girl!
you are my helper.
and at naptimes, you are my companion.
i love to see who you are becoming,
and pray that God protects/guides/molds who you will become.
i love you, baby girl!
-mama
ps – gracie doesn’t normally dress this crazy – it was crazy day at school!
this is definitely more of an outfit i’d expect of lily ;)

Comments

Claire Kiefer says:

So sweet! What incredible synchronicity! That picture of your daughter sleeping on her daddy's chest is really just incredible.

Claudia says:

Thanks for sharing this – beautiful!
    All the best for you and your family!
    My kids are already teenagers (3 kids as well) and I'm married for 23 years now – but also VERY young – with 20 – best decision :=)

Joyful Weddings and Events says:

Yay! love you all!

What an incredibly sweet post! Congratulations!

Christina says:

Happy Anniversary you two!! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GRACIE!!!!

Such a beautiful post!

The Chubby Dove says:

What a sweet post!

Happy Anniversary to you guys and Happy Birthday to your adorable Grace!

Beautiful post! Sounds like you have the makings of an amazing day! Enjoy! Your pics are lovely, but I really love Grace's style! ☺

Laryssa Herbert says:

Happy anniversary! My husband and I met young (I was 15, he was 16) and we married young too (18 and 20).

We started off as best friends and still are. Funny I keep trying to tell my husband how much fun it would be to work with me from home as well!

Congrats!! Such beautiful photos!

Congratulations. Great pictures. What a happy family. Happy Birthday Gracie. Love the picture on her Daddy's chest. Gracie, my grandaughter dresses like that every day. We call her Punky Brewster….your mommy may remember her. ((((HUGS))))

i always forget that g was born on your anniversary! i love that wedding picture of you guys–i love the way sean is holding your head. so sweet. happy anniversary to you guys and a big happy birthday to gracie!

Candice @ Made With Love says:

So very sweet! Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to Gracie!

Heather says:

Beatiful! And such a lovely testament too:) Thanks for sharing. Happy birthaversary!!

Hunter and Hailey's mom says:

Congratulations!!! Today is also me and my husbands anniversary! Only we have been married 4 years!!!

ohnoamy says:

Your family is so beautiful. Happy anniversary and happy birthday to Gracie.

Oh my – I'm so glad he fell in love with you!! We got a bonus! You two are so special and such an awesome part of our family! I love you both :)

Gracie poo – Happy Bday 2 u!!! So sweet & fun!! I love you!! LUV ~ Aunt Pretty

Anonymous says:

Happy anniversary. What a special day that was. You are the perfect mate for Sean. I prayed for that for years and God answered my prayers. God is good. Happy Birthday Gracie! You are such a sweetie pie. You are a loving and caring little girl. I love being around you. Enjoyed our time together last weekend. Have a great day. Love you guys. Grandma Lynda

nell ann says:

Such a sweet post! Lovelovelove it!!! We met our son on our anniversary, too, so I know what you mean about excellent anniversary presents! The pics are beautiful, too! I hope you get those enlarged and framed up around your house.

P.S. I see that you have the bed I decided to buy just yesterday! Don't you just love those jewels?

HAPPY EVERYTHING!

That is so sweet. You are one blessed lady!

Oh My Gosh, your post about your hubby was inspiring! And yes, Gracie is the very best anniversary present a couple could receive. Blessings, Felicitations, and congrats to you all.

Happy anniversary and Happy birthday to your special gift!! (Our 15 year old was born on our third anniversary too!)

Hi! I just found your blog… what a wonderful post! God has blessed you! Happy Anniversary :)

erinlou80 says:

aww congrats! today is another friend's 10 yr anniversary too! she's got 4 boys-3 are red heads and the youngest is 2!

Absolutely beautiful! Happy Anniversary! You are so blessed to have each other (and that adorable little girl!)

mandiegirl says:

Happy anniversary! Mine was yesterday! :)

Between You and Me says:

Happy Anniversary to you and Happy Birthday to your sweet girl….

summer... says:

linds… congrats on 10 years! and happy birthday sweet gracie! miss you guys.

Olive Cooper says:

Lovely post… you said it all. Thanks bunches for sharing.

Olive Cooper says:

lovely post…your pictures resonate peace and love.

Lori Mahon says:

What a wonderful day May 20th is for you and your family! Congratulations on your anniversary!!! Great photos.

Lori

Anonymous says:

Such a great post. It made me laugh and cry! Congratulations on all of your reasons to celebrate… Destiny

I loooove seeing married couples who are shamelessly in love. It just goes to show that it is possible to be happily married and not to be apologetic about it. Thanks for sharing :) Happy Anniversary and stay happy.

i nearly cried at the gracie part. happy double day!

Amanda @ 24 Maple Lane says:

That's beautiful. Congratulations and I hope you enjoy this day

This post is so fresh and happy! I just love it! I love the "he gets me" part. :) Congrats! I also just celebrated our 10 years…that's why this post caught my attention, lol…I would LOVE for you to take a peek at my decade post too. <3 Thank you,
    Lisa

Ashley @ Little Miss Momma says:

Happy double day to you! This post brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful life you have created for yourself!

ashley

Jessica says:

How beautiful!
    Our no.1 son was born on our 5th anniversary!

just simply southern says:

happy 10th anniversary lindsey! {we celebrated our 10th this year too}. happy birthday gracie! hope you all had an amazing day celebrating

blessings to you and your family,
    kristi

Denissa says:

Beautiful post Lindsey! How special that they both are on the same day :)

mary katharine says:

Absolutely beautiful post and captured images!! Absolutely beautiful:).

Mandi @ It'scome2this says:

Congratulations! We share our Anniversary with our daughter's birthday as well!

Sniff sniff…this was a tear jerker! What a special day to celebrate.