copy cat

when i saw meg’s kitchen (scroll down the page a bit), i knew i had to copy.
actually, i’d love to copy the entire house.
but our kitchens are fairly similar and i loved her idea of adding globes above the cabinets.
it was such a big area and i didn’t want to fill it with little knickknacks or fake ivy.
so i told my mom my idea and she began her hunt for vintage globes.
she scored!
i love them!
i wasn’t sure originally about the navy blue one, but it turns out to be my favorite.
i just propped them up on some of my vintage suitcases.
i love how the colors of the globes look with the suitcases.
next on my to do list:
paint the airvent behind the globes with wallcolor!

Comments

The Painted Home says:

perfection!

Sarah @ Mum In Bloom says:

Wow! Wow! Love this idea and will have to steal it to me thinks ;o)

Love your kitchen…the latches, the beadboard, the color…wow.

I think you should take pictures of every room and corner of YOUR house so i can copy the entire thing :) hahahah, but im serious. you have such great style. Gina

Beth Dunn says:

copying is the highest form of flattery!
    xoxo
    SC

mandiegirl says:

Cute! My mom told me recently that she has a few vintage suitcases for me if I want them, and I'm SO excited! ;) Love yours!!!

MamaSue says:

I don't like fake ivy either. They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. Meg probably started crying when she read your post.

bullie_mama says:

when I was at Farm Chicks this past weekend, I saw several vintage globes with the stands painted cute chartreuse, robins egg blue and even pink – they were adore-a-bull! love this idea – very cute!

Cap Creations says:

They do look great! And the navy one is awesome! I love all the old charm of your home! Very pretty! You don't see some of those touches in today's built homes. Do you mind if I ask if you do have an older home?

Love it! The globes and suitcases look so great! And, how awesome that your mom found the globes for you. Is she into thrifting?

Lisa Andrews says:

Love the globes! What a great kitchen decor idea.

Jennifer says:

Oooh! Tell Mom I want a globe too!

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest says:

Love that!!! And the navy globe is awesome! I'm just a wee bit jealous :)! LOL
    -Stacey

Miss Anne says:

oh my i love it!
    (and i am in LOVE with your clean kitchen too!)

Bethany says:

Very cute. I have a question not globe related….where did you get your fruit stand on the counter? The three tiered one? I NEED that. ha ha

Ott, A. says:

I just stumbled upon your site and i have to say I just fell in love with it. The birthday party had such great attention to detail and I have to come back and participate in What I wore Wednesday. Happy to be your newest follower!

i love meg's entire house also. it is my dream!! your house looks so nice too!

Kimm at Reinvented says:

I love it! What a fabulous idea you thought of, I mean copied. :) You've got a great eye, Lindsey.

hiyaluv says:

fun and so unique!
    smiles,
    gina

unfinished says:

Look up, I found two more today and one of them is a smaller size. Now you'll have to update the photo. Love ya,
    Mom

oursomethingnew says:

I love this idea! I have had an old globe like that sitting around my house and I haven't thought of anything fun to do with it yet. I may be trying this tomorrow. Thanks!

Very pretty – I'm fascinated with globes and maps, but I've never thought of using them this way!
    Now – how about talking about those little green dishes on your countertop?!

That is so great! I love her globes too, but haven't found any yet to copy with!

ok so i LOVE this! we are expecting our 3rd little one – 2 girls in the mix so far (natalie 3.5 and kate just turned 2) we find out in 2 weeks if this is a boyr or girl.. anyhow all that to say my inspiration for a boys room is a HUGE wall map – like wall paper style and vintage suitcases! a traveling theme esp if boy but might need to go for if it's my third girl.. ! so inspired by you! erin (sue donaldson;s friend )

mytinyrobotheart says:

just found your blog cute… i have globes above my cabinet too… i'm working on my husband about painting the cabinets white….