tiny party invite

please forgive the terrible pics,
but i can’t always craft in daylight!
i made these itty bitty invites for gracie’s tiny party.
here’s a little how-to:
i had blank cards on hand.
i think they measured about 6″ x 5″ when folded.
after fiddling for a bit with my word processor
i printed the invites in a tiny font of gracie’s choosing.
then i cut down the invite using my rotary cutter.
from my random stack of papers,
i cut itty bitty triangles for the pennants.
i used the disappearing glue stick and swiped it across the card,
then added the triangles randomly.
then another swipe for the next row.
don’t worry – the glue dries completely clear.
see?
i told you!
next i trimmed off the overhanging pennants.
then i made a variety of tiny envelopes.
i basically took another envelope and peeled it open to use as a template.
i had to resize mine a bit to be so tiny, but it wasn’t that hard.
then i traced the template on paper, cut it out, folded it and glued.
really easy.
so easy that i will be making more envelopes for future invites for sure.
oh, the lighting!
kills me to make something so cute only for it to look so bad!
a pile of tiny invites
and finally, each invite was put into a larger envelope,
which was then put in an even larger envelope.
and done!

Comments

Mandy [Mandy's Yellow Corner] says:

Those are adorable! I love how you stitched across the triangles- very cute :]

kpmattingly says:

So cute! Love all the different colors!!

Anonymous says:

So cute! The envelopes are to die for… I hope you keep one of each year's invites in a memory box for your children to open later. Someday they'll totally love looking back on the lovely touches you put into their birthday invites and parties. Like them, each one is so individual and unique. You are across the board talented! Destiny

Just love these "tiny" invites…& the suggestion by Anonymous above is truly a beautiful idea!

Blessed Mama says:

How creative! A tiny party! Love it!!! Thanks for showing us how (even if the lighting wasn't ideal…that's how all of my pics look because I have a crummy camera). BLessings!

Kim's Treasures says:

Soooo cute!

I love that idea! Too cute!!

Celeste says:

Too cute! I have been loving pennant banners in decor/graphic design — speaking of, have you seen this sweet dress?

How cute. Love that you made the envelopes. Please share the rest of the tiny party.

hiyaluv says:

how fun! such cute invites. smiles, gina

ADORABLE! And I have one of the same book of scrapbook paper that you used :)

The Cottage Mama says:

Adorable! I love these. I hear ya about crafting in the daylight. It would always be nice to be able to get beautifully lighted pictures, but with small children running around, it's just not always possible. Great job – I would be so excited if I got one of these in the mail!!

Lindsay

twolittletots says:

so cute! i love them and i am going to have to save this idea for a birthday party for the girls!

thanks for sharing.

coolkids says:

love those invitations! Can't wait to see how the party turns out!

so sweet!!

ApachesPrincess says:

Those are so cute! I made a bunting happy birthday card for my little cousin who just turned 8 only I made mine longer and then added grass out of ribbon and flowers on the bottom! I like your version a lot to, I will have to try it! I LOVE your envelopes, I'm planning on making them my project of the day :)

Lindsey you are the queen of craftiness. You are so inventive. I love when people share these ideas because then I can borrow them and people will think I'm crafty too instead of the NOT EVEN AN OUNCE of craftiness person that I really am. I'm saving these ideas and doing this for my daughters next birthday.

I am loving your teeny tiny party. I want my little girl back (she'll be 21 soon) so I can have a do over:)

Phil and Bri says:

you are tooooo good. I would love getting one of those in the mail for a party!!

lulubloom says:

So, so cute! I love it (and the *tiny* party theme). I'm sure I'll use it as inspiration for a future party in this house (with three girls, I'm guessing we'll start to run out of ideas for party themes). Thanks for the tutorial!

Mallerie Kristine says:

So cute! I love the tiny party :) Can't wait for more tutorials of this party!

Sandy a la Mode says:

oh my goodness these are sooo adorable!! i have a bunting banner giveaway on my blog right now that is similar to these cards!!

Kimm at Reinvented says:

So so cute. Now I ALMOST wish my daughters were tiny again! :)

Sarah@VintageChic says:

These invites are soooooo darling! I love them!

Adorable!!! I've always said a great invitation, makes for a great party. Looks like yours will be fabulous!!!

Anonymous says:

Will like to see how the finished product (party) turns out:)

Pamela Holderman says:

Oh what fun these invites are and the party pics looked like so much fun too. Oh to be young again…

Kristin Sellars says:

Love everything about them! You come up with the most creative birthday party ideas and always add such creative touches that make it really special!

Becky Jean says:

So simple, yet so cute!

meg duerksen says:

i love it!!!

fourgirlsandaguy says:

Did you actually stitch those along the pennants?

HI, Thanks for this super cute tutorial.
    I have included it in a giant list of links related to making things for fairs and fetes.
    You can see it here….. http://allysonadeney.wordpress.com/2012/09/15/half-a-giant-list-of-fete-and-fair-tutorials-and-printables-part-1/ …..
    if you are interested.
    Thanks again for taking the time to design and blog with tutorials.
    Ally of harrysdesk.