tiny party, part 1

my big girl turned 7!
seven!!!
that is HUGE!
but… she is still very tiny.
itty bitty in fact.
so what more appropriate way to celebrate her getting bigger than with a “tiny party”?
and, to make it even more fun, (and much more difficult) we surprised her!
she had asked me last year for a surprise party for her next birthday.
i told her that wasn’t a type of party you can ask for.
so when we began planning this party together,
i lead her to believe that we’d be celebrating a week later than the actual date.

gracie said she wanted the main colors to be hot pink and brown, and i was happy to oblige.

when each of the girls arrived, they were given tiny party hats (on headbands),
then they snuck away to gracie’s room to hide for the big surprise.

each party hat had the initial of a guest, each different.

at the end of the party each of the guests were given a tiny favor bag, filled with tiny treats.

nicole made tiny pennants for the party out of scrap paper and ribbon,
stitching them together on her sewing machine.

see the tiny easels on the mantle?
we did a little craft time painting tiny canvases.

we added a little extra pennants to the front door.

sean had the kids at the park and brought them home after all the guests had arrived.
i told gracie to check something in her room…

she was totally surprised!!!
more to come soon!

Comments

pink and green mama MaryLea says:

Hooray for 7!!

Hooray for Tiny Surprise Parties!! : )

SWEET! Happy seventh! Looks like lots of fun was had by all. What a wonderfully planned party.

twolittletots says:

love it! do you think you are going to share how you made the hats and the tiny goodie bags? i would love it, because i know these would be great for the girls as they get older!

way to go!

Caitlin says:

Oh I love the idea! So sweet. You are so creative! In fact, I believe you have more creativeness than actually needed to last a lifetime, so can you please share some of that with me??? I would be so appreciative! LOL! Thanks ;o)

Christina says:

Your kids are so lucky!!! That is an absolutely beautiful birthday party!! Lily turns 7 in two weeks but we will be in the midst of a move. The most I can come up with for her big day is a sleepover next week. I'm going to try to incorporate some of your really cute ideas … but only things that can be accomplished fast!! :o) Your party ideas are really so, so cute!!!!! Happy Birthday Gracie!!!!!!!!!

that is so cute Lindsey! you put a lot of effort into her party and it is so adorable! what a fun theme too. :)

You Rock! What a wonderful bunch of memories you made for your little girl! Love all your tiny additions the party hats are soooo cute!

MCH PHOTOGRAPHY says:

What a cute idea! Love the tiny theme

Celeste says:

Love it!! So cute. When you announced that you were doing a tiny party on twitter… I immediately thought of tiny party hats & tiny pennant banners…. What fun!
    – when I turned 7 – I had a polly pocket party because, yep, I was still quite tiny.
    :) can't wait to see more!

Very cute. I love a good surprise party.

the thrifty ba says:

this is reason 54,698 why I NEED A DAUGHTER! this is adorable!

i saw this on 'martha' awhile back…your's is MUCH cuter! fantastic!

Darlene says:

What a sweet and very original idea! Love it!

OK, first of all I love the idea that she planned her own surprise party – that was SO clever on your part. Secondly, those are the cutest party hats in the history of the world! Love the brown and pink theme. How fun!

Adorable! Love those tiny treat bags!

That is so fun. Great job pulling it off!!!

sydney @ sewineededapaycheck says:

too cute! i know its not something you ask for, but it makes me want a party with decor like that!!

You're such a cool Mom.

Rebecca@This Present Life says:

So cute! I love the tiny hats on the headbands. Who doesn't love tiny stuff!?! What a great party it must've been :)

carmar76 says:

I love the little labels on the bottled water! : ) All of it's very creative, which is no surprise coming from you! ; )

Olive Cooper says:

You rock the casba with this tiny party. She will always remember this.

olive

hiyaluv says:

what a sneaky sneak fabulous momma you are!!! how cute and how fun!!! i love how creative you are!
    smiles,
    gina

So cute. My favorite colors. I love seeing what birthday ideas you all come up with. Love the tiny banners, and those hats-so darn cute, what treasures were in the goodie bags? Can't wait to see what goes on the easels. What a cutie your daughter is.

Justine says:

What a fantastic surprise party! I am so glad she was able to choose the colors :) I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

Mique (as in Mickey) says:

LOVE it Lindsey! How cute. My Julia asked for a surprise party for her 9th (next yr)- I am totally stealing your ideas. Way to pull it off!!

Oh how I wish my house wasn't all boy!!!! They just want to race around with pretend guns at the moment!!!!! Nothing gorgeous in that!!! This is so sweet, your care & attention to detail is just beautiful.

Farmgirl Paints says:

Sooo cute!!! Loved the look on her face.

You are an awesome mommy. I will always remember my surprise party when I was 12.

ReBeCcA says:

seriously cute…i love it!
    could you please tell me the color you have on the walls in your dining room? i am looking for a new color.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com says:

That is such a cute idea. Wow – I love it so much! Those little tiny banners and hats are adorable!

XOXO
    Jen

THE WITHERS FAMILY says:

I am in.love.with.this idea!!! You are so creative. It looks like everyone had so much fun.
    Would you mind filling us in on where you got the tiny easels and canvas's? I'm thinking I might need to do this party for my daughter!!!

I adore the mini bunting! I’d be tempted to keep some of it up year round :)

What a cute & creative party theme!