what i wore wednesday – cruise version

this last week sean and i went (alone!!!!) on a cruise to the mediterranean.
i’ll give you more details on how we got to go soon, but for now, here’s what i wore for the week.
i have 2 shots of outfits for each day since we had to dress nice for dinner.
i was actually under dressed almost every night.
this was our first cruise, so i cut myself a little slack and tried not to feel too out of place.
like the slicked back hair?
me neither – it was pre-blow dry.
striped tank – old navy
yellow tank – target
posy pins – the pleated poppy
white linen pants – gap
wedge sandals – old navy
note on the pants: maybe my favorite pants right now!
they were more than i’d normally spend (~$60),’
but they were fully lined and so comfy.
and they are a classic staple.
can you tell i’m justifying?

later that night we had our first formal dinner.
top – ? somewhere cheap for ~$10
skirt – target
shoes – mervyns

black cardi – target
turquoise ruffle tank – old navy
white tank under – target
black skirt – garage sale’d by mom, from old navy
sandals – walmart
bracelet – handmade gift from nicole

lavender shirt – target
white pants – gap
brown wedge sandals – old navy

sweater – target
dress – old navy
leggings – walmart
sandals – walmart
i wore the layers because we were in rome this day.
if we would have gone in any cathedrals, you have to have your shoulders and knees covered.
but since we skipped the cathedrals,
the pants and sweater quickly came off as it was at least in the high 80’s that day.
and as much as i like almost everything baout that dress, i’m hoping i can return it.
i only wore it that day and the fabric got all pill-y on the sides.
so cheap.
sometimes i see why people pay for higher quality items.
 sometimes.

top – forever21 (&10.50 – crazy!)
pants – target
wedges – old navy
starting to repeat – i realized i way under packed for this trip – oops!
gray tank – old navy
yellow tank – target
scarf – forever21
necklace – lisa leonard
capris – lucky, hand-me-down form my sister
sandals – walmart

top – target
pants – target
heels – mervyns
dress – old navy
tank – target
sandals – walmart (yes, i wore them every day)

look familiar?
i didn’t know there were TWO formal nights, so i had to wear my outfit twice.
oh well!

dress – target
petal pusher – the pleated poppy
sandals – walmart

tank – old navy (don’t worry – we had laundry done)
necklace – forever21
linen pants – gap
wedge sandals – old navy
i didn’t include pics of our travel days, especially since we had multiple unexpected extended layovers.  by the time we got home we had been traveling for over 44 hours – ugh.
it was a fabulous trip, but so glad to be home.
and showered.
wanna join me?
link up!

Comments

Your outfits are so so cute!!! It makes me want to go shopping right now!!!! Only thing is…I have no where to where these cutalicious outfits to…I hardly go anywhere.

You're an inspiration to just dress for myself. :~)

Mallerie Kristine says:

I love the necklace in your last picture! And those white gap pants are too cute! I can't wait to hear more about the tiny party and your trip!

Pine Tree Home says:

Don't think you underdressed for the cruise…I think it's crazy that people bring so many outfits. I've been on 4 of them and I would have done just as you did- recycle outfits! It's the GREEN thing to do. Hope you had a blast.

I love the cruise version! Your outfits were great!! Too bad about the ON dress, b/c it is very adorable. Maybe someday I'll have a cruise version. *sigh* Glad you had a nice little get away with your hubby!! :)

Olive Cooper says:

your formal out fit is darling and i think it's grand to underpack cause overpacking is worse

~olive~

twolittletots says:

really cute outfits! and i can't wait to hear about the cruise. it looks like a lot of fun! and i have not taken any pictures to link up…totally need to get back at it!

mandi@itscome2this says:

You're always so cute!! My problem w/linking up is that ALL my outfits would be repeats!! Maybe I should though & then I could submit my posts to what not to wear!!

Lisa Macomber says:

cute outfits and I did notice the super cute camera strap too!

Such cute outfits!! Yeah, I would have NO idea what to wear on a cruise — I'd end up wearing jeans every night!

so cute you are….and your clothes are great…..BUT what did he wear ?
    a new segment, perhaps :)

Amanda @ Serenity Now says:

I think you did a great job! A cruise is hard to pack for b/c there is so much to do. When we cruised through the Bahamas for 7 days, it was hard to pack for b/c it was HOT outside, but there was an ice rink on board. And some ladies get REALLY dressed up for the formal dinners. I had a pretty nice dress on, but I felt so out of place. :s

Sunshine and Summertime says:

I have those same linen pants from Gap, only mine are navy! They do wonders for the booty don't they?!

406 Olivia says:

Just found your bog via Avid Accents…I've been wondering if there were any outfit link parties going on!
    Now following…
    check me out:

406olivia.blogspot.com

Jennifer says:

I don't think I've ever seen you wear regular heels! Only wedges or chunky heels. Nice job! And those, capris… I gave them to you because they were way too tight and it looks like you have room to grow in them. I feel extra huge now! But you looked good ;o)

Thanks for sharing. It gives me lots of ideas of what to wear.

Jax @ AlyandAsh says:

Love love love your outfits this week! I don't even think I can pick a favorite. Looking through I was like, "Oh super cute, need to comment about that one" scroll scroll scroll…"Oh that one too! Way cute!" scroll scroll…"Oh my gosh LOVE THAT!" So as you see I love it all! Especially all the Pleated Poppy Flowers! They really add a perfect kick to the simple outfits! Love it!

I absolutely adore the Target dress, 11th picture down, black or navy blue I think. Did you buy it recently? Please say yes.

hiyaluv says:

i love your outfits and you did a great job improvising since you under packed! I love it:)
    smiles,
    gina

Jessica says:

i love your scarf with tanks look. i can't get it to work for me. maybe i just lack the confidence. but you totally rock it!!

Kristen Borland says:

LOVE your forever21 necklace in that last picture. more pics of the cruise soon?? i hope so!

Nf1andprek-whisper says:

i have yet to do this.. but I will try it soon, I just so dont' have anything I look good in yet.. LOL I love the formal night photos

you look adorable all of the days! my daughter is going on a cruise for her honeymoon, i am going to have her check the dinner schedule! it's better to have less, you can bring home more!

you're so cute! great outfits :o)

Ana Paula@ Get Craftin says:

You defiantly dressed perfect for a cruise. I loved all your outfits. My favorite piece is that forever 21 necklace! WOW it's amazing!!

Sandy a la Mode says:

LOVE your grey tank w/ the yellow poppy and your forever 21 ruffled top!! actually i really love it all and think it's perfect for a cruise!

Jessica Hills says:

I love all your outits this week!! They are all perfect for a cruise!

Jessica Hills says:

PS
    I am totally going to participate next week!

rachelizabeth says:

CUTE!!! I wore an outfit last week that you would have been proud of – it's my newest fave. And everything was from Target, even the jewelry. :) But I didn't take any pictures. Maybe next time.

Alisa D says:

Are you going to post about your trip itself? I've always wanted to do a Mediterranean cruise (almost went for our honeymoon). If you feel comfortable, will you share which cruise line and if you liked it. What excursions did you do? Did you like them? Would love to hear your take. Love your outfits. Very cute!!

Lindsay says:

I am going to link up next week and thats a promise :)

Okay, I almost didn't click because I'm dealing with a tiny bit of jealousy that you got to go on this amazing cruise, but I'm so glad I did because #1 I AM very happy for you! And #2 Your outifits are adorable!

Maggie Whitley {Gussy} says:

Linds – that white dress is gorgeous! <3

Justine says:

I'm glad you got to getaway on a cruise!!!

I look forward to read your "What I wore Wednesday!" It is really exciting to see what you and others come up with. I never remember to take pictures since I am rushing off for school, but I will definitely join you once summer classes are over.

The top from Forever is cute. They always have all these amazing finds. And I also hope you can return your dress. I hate, hate, hate it with the material bubbles. It happens to me too. But like they say, you get what you paid for :(

Meet Virginia says:

Ok I am in love with all your outfits! Those white linen pants look so comfy I think I need to pick up a pair! Thanks so much for hosting such a fun party!!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!!
    Meet Virginia!!!

candace says:

love your blog and i think you have great style- especially the leggings outfit and anything forever 21 (cheap and cool)!! so my thought is you need to try skinny jeans. you for sure can get away with them- and i think they make every outfit uber chic. for balance, i wear them with a bit of a longer shirt and any shoes looks great with skinnies. also, i buy most of mine at forev 21 (for $14 or less) so even tho they are trendy it's worth the few bucks =). you have to try them b/c they would look FAB on you!!

Your outfits are absolutely darling!!! I envy the fact that you underpacked, I always pack way too much. You have great style and thanks for sharing!!!

angelina says:

i love seeing your outfits!
    thanks for sharing, stylish you!

syllatham says:

Enjoying your blog very much and you have inspired me to do my own What I Wore. I also think its awesome that you do home school. I am the product of home school. I am a public school teacher and so thankful to my mom for homeschooling me. Look forward to more of your travel post.

OK, I stumbled upon your GORGEOUS website & have become obsessed! I am now on a mission to find bargains & step it up in the fashion dept. I have kind of given in to the whole mommy thing that I dont want to spend on my self & I can wear this piece of crap shirt for another season even though it is frumpy (out dated, ugly or any other lame excuse)…WELL NO MAS….I have moved on!

Went to a local thrift yesterday & had a whole new outlook, had a blast, will be posting my versions of ***what i wore very soon***! SO fun to be thrifty & stylish at the same time, plus it is all *green*. I like that!!!

SO very cute!! Love this post. The grey shirt you wore with the dark trousers – fab. totally fab.

I used to take photos of myself in outfits that I love but didn't know what to do with them – not any longer! Thanks for the link-up!

Thank you for sharing. I will going on a Med cruise in early May (2012) and I found your site looking for what to wear. it will be mine and my hubby’s first time cruising. As a female i tend to over pack, but I don’t want to underpack either. Which I saw you mentioned