what i wore wednesday – for reals this time!

this week i’ll be playing catchup,
what with the week i skipped and last week’s inability to post pics due to lack of storage.
so here’s a bunch of pics for you!
we went up to my parents’ house in bass lake and had some gloomy weather.
i didn’t mind because all i wanted to do was relax,
but it did take everything in me to actually get dressed each day and not stay in my jammies.
scarf – forever21
sweater – gift
tanks – target
jeans – local boutique
flats – target
we went to yosemite this day.
i hadn’t been in years and it as always was glorious.
like the kind of beauty that had me humming hymns all day.
thankfully i know my body and how uncomfortable i get when i’m chilly,
so i layered up.
good thing since we ended up getting a light snow at the end of the day!
hat – blue corduroy
vest – target
sweatshirt – target
scarf – forever21
jeans – patched by me
tennies -payless
when we got home from my parents’ house
my bff nicole and her family were here for the week.
this is a pic of one of the days i got dressed, which didn’t happen much that week!
i’m holding sweet baby curren, which i didn’t do enough of that week.
love it when baby’s still have all the gushy chub to kiss on!
dress – target
long sleeve shirt – target
jeans – local boutique
slippers – in the trash now ( i wore a hole through each sole!)
my uniform.
shorty’s sweatshirt – stole from sean when we were dating
jammie pants – stole from sean when we were married
socks – stolen from him, too!
 talk about a weather change –
that’s california in the springtime for you!
i was working at the strawberry festival this morning –
can you see the nags under my eyes?!
it was waaay too early for me!
sweater – old navy
shirt – made by me
shorts – old jeans i chopped and hemmed
flops – rainbow sandals
this was my afternoon outfit on my birthday.
we spent the morning out in the garden in our bathing suits (no pics there!).
we even got into a mud fight, which was so fun, until the tears started!
grey shirt – target
scarf – forever21
jeans – target
shoes – walmart
i spent the day cleaning the house.
hat – ???
tshirt – old navy
sweatshirt – old navy
jeans – local boutique
shoes – target
now it’s your turn to link up!

Comments

coolkids says:

Love the shirt you made!

Nice idea! Nice blog also! I will be back! :)

Whitney says:

I want to move where you live…the land of long sleeves in June. Here in Southeast Georgia, we could be naked right now and still burning up! :( Jealous!

PS – I love that shirt you made! Cute!

I love this post each week, and I want to link up, but I HATE pictures of myself. I love that you get most of your stuff at Target and aren't one of those gals posting pics of herself couture. Who doesn't look great if they have a closet full of Anthropology?! You prove that looking great just takes creativity Forever 21, Old Navy and Target! Thanks for the inspiration :)

xo, Kate @keeping up w/the Moreland's says:

love the shirt you made!!! i wanna see the whole thing though!!!

Jacky {The Sweetest Petunia} says:

Lindsey, I love these posts! You are always lovely {hey, you look better in your PJ's than I do!}, and I really enjoy your style. Of course, in Florida? I'd be burning up in those kinds of outfits. I've been wearing shorter, airy skirts! :)

Sturgmom says:

I really like that yellow scarf. I'm totally into adding the scarf to summer wear. Unfortunately, it's so blazing HOT here that wearing a scarf in the summer would probably cause me to die of heat stroke. But it looks great on you!

Lindsay says:

I LOVE Bass Lake. We are from CA and go there on vacations. I want to link up next weds! Is this every weds?

I love the first outfit, the shirt that you made, and the cute hip accessory on day 3! It was really cold here but it's beautiful now!!!

Amanda @ Serenity Now says:

I love your yellow scarf. :)

I also love the yellow scarf and AGAIN I'm envious you are wearing jeans!!! It's so stinkin' hot in Flo Rida!

Bass Lake! :) We just moved from Bass Lake to Big Creek (also about an hour out of Fresno (slightly southeast of Bass Lake). I am so with you – seeing the beauty of creation has me daily praising God for his handiwork. How blessed I feel to live surrounded by His glory!

You are so cute. Your really appreciate your sense of style. Just thought I'd let you know : ). Have a great day!

Meet Virginia says:

Thanks so much for hosting! I absolutely adore the shirt you made! The fabric is so so fun!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!!
    Meet Virginia!!!

the paisley moo says:

So..I am guessing (from twiiter) what is the big news..pregnant??? Not that you look like it all skinny minny but this post you seemed very tired. Am I right:)

Lindsey says:

I've always loved your blog but I don't think I've ever commented. I'm definitely going to starting doing this myself so I can have some accountability . I stay in my pjs all day unless I'm going somewhere where I have to get out of the car! haha :) This is the week I'm going to start taking pictures!! Thanks for starting this!

wow, you look great and i love the way you dress!
    i cant wait to loose all my last pregnancy fat and dress up normal again

You need to be a model or something! You have great style:).

~Julie

bullie_mama says:

OK, so your hair really is adore-a-bull!! Did you color it too? You look great! AND the shirt you made, that's the next item you need to sell on your web site! I'd buy one and looks like a few of your other followers would too! ;-)

just wanted you to know how very chic you are…. (incse you didn't already know it) I saw patched jeans at the GAP this week. i think they were about 80 bucks… woman were oohing and ahhing over them ( i was thinking good grief woman you can make these with ripped jeans from your own closet and some scraps) lol I love yours better anyway. Your pictures are always real and great! and I really do love your style! our Target doesn't have that cute stuff…. serious!

Chelsea says:

o-m-g!! love the shirt you made!!
    possible tutorial?! i love it!

Farmgirl Paints says:

You are cute no matter what you wear. Lovin' that fun yellow scarf. Seems to go with everything:)