a little rearranging and a shop update

not too long ago sean added shelves for me above my cutting table.
i think i filled them before he was done installing them.
i’m not kidding.
they hold some random bits on the top shelf, notions on the middle shelf, and my works-in-progress on the bottom shelf.

as nice as it is to have all my boxes of w.i.p.’s accessible,
i realized i was walking back and forth across the room to get my fabrics to pair for new designs.
so i decided to switch my fabric stacks with my w.i.p.’s.

not too big of a deal except i just got over 60 yards of new fabric and it wasn’t all fitting on one shelf.
but i was determined to make it work, so i refolded every. single. piece. of fabric.
and they all fit!

now i can’t wait to be able to pair fabrics and cut them right away rather than making huge piles
and walking back and forth across the room.
yes, i really am that lazy.
no, no. i’ll call it efficient.

*****
i told you on monday that i was adding a lot to my shop.
i didn’t lie!
and restocked the sunnies cases that had already sold out!
thank you so much for all of the overwhelming support for my little shop!
it is really fun to put out new products and designs and see the great response to them.
you guys are awesome!
– lindsey

Comments

Country Mouse says:

Very cute organization!!! Love all that fabric!!!

Allison says:

OH, I LOVE ALL THOSE FABRICS! Those shelves look great too.

Claudia says:

Looks great – and – yes – efficient.. ;o

Rocio Lewis says:

I love all that fabric… i wish someday to have a place like that full of beautiful fabric and supplies. that way i have everything on hand…. It looks awesome!!

Melissa says:

wow! what a great workspace you have…and oh my…60 yards of fabric! you must be in heaven! now you get to play. so jealous;)

Amanda @ Serenity Now says:

Love that bloom bag!!!

Phew! Sure glad I ordered a sunglasses case when I did! Can't wait to get it!

she dreams big! says:

Absolutely love seeing all that fabric out in the open! I'm a fabric freak too. So much so that I really hate to use it! But I do and nothing is better than just running my hand over the beauty of each piece! I could just drown myself in 60 yards of new fabric! Love your creations!

Yeah!! I FINALLY got a necklace!!! They are beautiful!!! Thank you!!

Hi Lindsey, love your shelves! I keep a bookcase in my sewing room closet with all of my fabric in it, folded according to color. It would be better right above my cutting table too, but this works for me. I love your fabrics. I am a fan of several of the same designers!!

Hey Lindsey!
    I have been searching your blog all morning and cannot find anywhere where you have mentioned the paint color in your living room. Is it a blue? Is it a grey? I would love to know.
    You are amazing at what you do, and very inspiring. Keep on trunckin' I love your stuff!
    Kieran
    fefifaux@xmission.com

Miss Mustard Seed says:

Your stuff is so cute! My office is just a disgrace. It's more aof a dumping ground that I wade through to get to my sewing machine or paints.

I missed out on the bloom bag again!!!! ugghhhhh….I will keep waiting patiently so that I can time this just right! I NEED one of those!

Lemonade Makin' Mama says:

Well, I'm your newest biggest fan, so I am excited say that I adore every single item you just posted!! :)

and you are awesome! i love your organization. i just got a sewing machine for my birthday and i can't wait to go shopping this weekend for colorful, vibrant fabric. I am so eager to create!
    smiles,
    gina

Beautiful!! So cute :) Love the photo of your cloth on your new shelves.
    The sunglasses case looks wonderful, no wonder you sold out of them so quickly!

anneoverbeek.blogspot.com says:

Love the fabrics, your new shelves and all the lovlies in your shop!!

looks great! so organized! i have to tell you i have those exact same shelves in my craft room and i also have those same abc cards in the playroom! oh! and i also have that cute round basket! hmmm! makes me feel pretty cool since you have them!

Justine says:

I definitely love how to reorganized the fabric. It's a lot prettier when it isn't stuffed into a brown box.

Haven's Mom says:

I might have to get a petal drop necklace :)

Anonymous says:

I love your sewing room cabinets/shelves…where did you get them? What did you use for the countertops? Did your husband build them? I am planning to redo a small bedroom into a sewing room and really love the white. Yours are the nicest ones i have seen. E

melody-mae says:

LOVE! Oh my how pretty the fabric all looks stacked like that!!! Inspired! :)

pleated poppy says:

anonymous –
    yes, my husband did build the shelves in the playroom, but we bought the brackets from home depot. all the other shelves and storage stuff was through his company called onesource.

Renee•Candy Stick Lane says:

GREAT work with the fabric folding! I just did it myself several months ago! Looks GREAT! Your new items for the shop are tremendously fab! XO

kristina says:

i just found your blog from Livin with Lindsay and am truly inspired! thank you for sharing!

undonegirl says:

Geez Louise! A girl leaves for 48 hours, come back, sees you put the white bloom bags she was hoping for in the shop and they're already gone! All the huge amount you made! (sigh) You're a popular girl, missy. :)

Wow, I love your workspace!

Busy Bee Handmade says:

luvvie, it's not laziness…it's ENERGY CONSERVATION!

Busy Bee Handmade says:

PS your shelves, fabrics & decorative goodies are just divine.

thedomesticfringe says: