mediterranean cruise – part 5

just to catch you up,
if you’re the type that enjoys slide shows of other people’s trips
click here for part 1, 2, 3, and 4
day 5 we were in villefranche, france.
the french language was much harder to fake, and no one really cared to help us out.
italian is so close to spanish, so we were able to manage well enough when we were in italy.

villefranche was a sweet little town that was quiet and a bit sleepy.
we opted to hop on the train again and head to nice.
we walked towards the port first, and stopped in at a little flea market along the way.
the port was beautiful and we once again thought of my dad and his love for boats.
just around the corner form the port was the promenade des anglais.
the promenade was a great (windy) wide walkway all along the coast of the bay, the cote de azure.
the water was a.mazing!
the brightest, clearest blue water.
the beach was a rocky and pebble covered, yet that didn’t stop the sun bathers.
and there were a lot of nude tatas on that beach!
guess that’s how they do it there!
we stopped in a park for a snack,
and mini photo session with sean – so fun to be flirtatious with my husband!
then we took a cable car back to the train station the back to the boat.
our room attendant surprised us with a monkey that day.
another afternoon by the pool and dinner was a great finish to the day!

Comments

Your very first picture? I have the EXACT SAME one!! :) When I was living in France, we took a 10 day trip south and spent one of our days in Villefranche! The bus from Nice is only a euro :) I absolutely fell in love with that little stretch of coast. I didn't think I could love a place as much as I love Paris, but that is a close second!

I know the scenes of Villefrenche well, my sister lived there for several years before she and her family moved to Nice.
    Most foreigners are very gracious, but don't expect the same from the French. Sorry….I don't like em. They're not very friendly and if you smile at them they think something's wrong with you. Now, having said that….it is beautiful. That water is amazing.

Christina says:

Ha, ha! That was our experience in France!! The Italians were cool with trying to figure out what you wanted/needed … the French … not so much. And most of the time we KNEW they understood English. We had to fall all over ourselves and apologize for not speaking French before they would help us.

Oh well. France is well worth it … Paris is definitely one of my favorite places! (I think Brugge, Belgium barely beats it out!)

Love these updates on your vacation! It sounds lovely!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer says:

It is all so beautiful! Thank you for sharing your trip with those of us wishing we were traveling as well! ;)

I wish we had gone to France when we made out Europe trip. Next time. I have friends in South of France and keep saying I will go.
    LOVE that monkey. Never had one of those before.
    : )

I spent a summer studying in Nice. Your recaps are binging back lots of memories. Did you go to the point on the other side of Nice? I can't remember the name but the view is spectatcular from there. And, the historical church in Old Town Nice was really cool-also by a GREAT gelato place!

that monkey towel is cracking me up!

Hi Lindsey! Love your post about Nice- we went there and to Italy before we had kids- by the time we got to Nice we were covered in little bites that we later found out were scabies…. niiiiiiice.

I recently linked to you in a post on my new blog, craftingcrazy.wordpress.com- I made the crayon rolls. I love them! Thanks!

Chelsey - The Paper Mama says:

I'm jealous. Looks lovely!

Amanda @ Serenity Now says:

Love the flea market. The water in the bay is just too good to be true. I could sit and look at that all day. :)

theteo5 says:

Your cruise looked amazing! What an awesome memory for you and your hubby. I passed on an award to you. Thanks for being inspiring!

Hannah Jo says:

I enjoy reading your blog each week and I really love all of your creations! I wanted to pass along this award to you since it was given to me!

Check it out at http://simplyaddcoffee.blogspot.com/2010/07/who-me.html to accept the award!

hiyaluv says:

gorgeous photos and that monkey is to funny! if you get a chance, stop by my blog this week and check out my adorable etsy giveaway!
    smiles,
    gina

carmar76 says:

Beautiful! Such a blessing to get to hang out w/ your hubs in so gorgeous a setting! : )

Building a House and Home says:

your blog made me think of two memories –

laying on a french beach with my french boyfriend (at the time) and his french friends (boys and girls) with the girls topless. one of the girls liked him. how uncomfortable. talk about cultural difference.

also, the language thing – I found the french to sometimes pretend that they didn't know english until i spoke to them in french, at which point, they would switch to english to prove to me that their english was better than my french (hey, it probably was)

still i can't help but love the french. for every bad story, i have five good ones.