what i wore wednesday

hello again!
thanks so much to all of you who have been linking up with me these past weeks!
if you haven’t yet, you have to check out other people’s wiww – they are so fun!

we started swim lessons this week, and they are by the coast which is foggy in the morning, so some days i was kind of bundled up.
striped sweater – target
bathing suit under – old navy
jeans – target
flops – rainbow

sweater – old navy
shirt – target
jeans – local boutique
sandals – walmart
scarf – forever21
camera strap cover – sheyb

cardi – target
tank – old navy
jeans – second hand store
flops – old navy
bathing suit – old navy
beach bag – made by me
a few of you have asked about my cardigan wearing addiction.
yes, i live in california.
yes, the weather is beautiful here on the central coast.
but, our best weather is really late summer/early fall,
and i am almost always chilly no matter what the weather.
so there ;)

here’s a little shot of the real me.
every morning i live in my robe.
and if i’m chilly, even fully clothed, i’ll throw this robe on top!
notice no slippers?
i wore them so much that i wore holes through both feet!
i had to trash them, and now on the hunt for their replacements…

hat – surf shop
sweatshirt – old navy
t shirt – target
jeans – boutique
flops – old navy

4th of july church picnic (on the 3rd)
head scarf – vintage
tshirt – made by me
jeans – target
flops – old navy
necklace – lisa leonard
cheesy smile – priceless

on the 4th i had a show i did in cayucos (a coastal town 20 minutes north of here).
we had to leave the house around 6 am and it was chilly!
i had to layer like crazy and actually added a thermal shirt, a scarf and a beanie.
those were shed around 10 as the sun broke through the clouds.
sweater – from my sister (favorite ever!)
tank – old navy
jeans – target
fake uggs – costco

swim lessons, playdate, art class

sweater – old navy
ruffle tank – old navy
jeans – target
pink sandals – target
scarf – forever21

love love love these new sandals from target!
$15!

link up!

Comments

Crystal says:

Adore the photo of the three girls :) The cheesy smiles are fabulous!

Cha Cha says:

I got dressed even on vacation, that never happened before, so Thank You. I love your girls 4th of July outfits I remember seeing them last year and wanting to do something for my girls but time always sneeks up on me and then it is too late, maybe next year.

Hope you have a great week, I will be emailing you with the other info. later today

Cha Cha

Jennifer says:

The cardigan is called the Escape Cardigan and it's from All Saints in case anyone was wondering. I just checked, they have a US website and the cardi is on sale. http://www.us.allsaints.com/?country_code_group=US&site_func=setccgcookie

this blessed nest says:

oh wow! you look so stickin cute in everyone!

love that you put yourself up in your robe…i thought about that, but chickened out.
    the pic of you & the girls is adorbs!
    love the pic of you & your bag with all the "gear" inside.

thanks for the party!
    kellie

Kristin says:

Your kids are adorable and the girls look JUST LIKE YOU! I am addicted to cardigans as well. It may be 103 outside, but I'm always chilly inside. LOVE love love your sandals from Target. I may have to make a trip . . .
    Thanks as always for the Linky party!

Lindsay says:

So many cute outfits! I am a so cal girl and have a cardigan obsession too! haha Glad its not just me! :)

Wonder Mom says:

Is that Oscar the Grouch shirt vintage Oscar de la Renta? ;0)

Courtney says:

i have those sandals from target in gold and love them also!!

Amanda @ Serenity Now says:

I have those sandals in white, but I got mine on a random stop at Wal-Mart for milk and eggs! ;)

Love the girls' 4th of July outfits…so cute. Thanks for explaining your weather. I was beginning to wonder if you all live in the North Pole. I would LOVE to be able to wear cardies year round. It's been 100+ here in VA the past few days. Blech.

Mandy [Mandy's Yellow Corner] says:

hehe, my favorite thing about these posts is when your son sneaks into the pictures :]

I do adore those sandals though!

Lemonade Makin' Mama says:

Just discovered your blog and all your cute outfits have totally inspired me to get out of the black sweatpants and black tank top I've been practically living in over the past month… Love your blog!

Blessings,
    Sasha

Beansieleigh says:

Hi Lindsey! Well, I finally joined in! (I hope I'm not sorry for this! Ha! ha!).. It was hard to get fancy this week, with picnics, and all the hot weather, but I had fun though!… LOVE the picture of you and your girls! How CUTE!!! (and it looks like you're wearing pigtails! Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I think it's a fun hairstyle once in a while!) Have a great week, and hope to play again sometime soon! Thanks for hosting! ~tina

lovinsanta says:

Okay love the girls outfits especially those skirts. Would you ever consider a tutorial on the skirts? Looks like two bandanas but wonder how you did the waist and red piece. They are adorable and would love to make one for my daughter for next year. Or if not a tutorial could you tell me how? Thanks so much as I love your site and have ordered several things from you that I love just as much.

Thanks.

Heather
    melody806@yahoo.com

Lindsey,
    Love this post! I crack up at your being so cold all the time. My son's girlfriend is the same. Always in Uggs and a sweatshirt! Me…hot flashing all the time, throwing clothes off, fanning, etc…just you wait!!
    My sis in law lives up near you, I s'pose. She is in Santa Maria. We have family all over and near her, SLO, Morro, LOVE Cayucas….anyway, I know how chilly it can be up that way. Love it there though. Cute pic of your son at your leg there, and your darling little girls in matching skirts…

Meet Virginia says:

Love love love your outfits Lindsey! Your color combos are too cute! And that pic of your little girls is so sweet! Thanks so much for hosting, hope that you are having a great day!

~Morgan

Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!!
    Meet Virginia!!!

SO cute as always! I am loving the target sandals… might have to put a trip out to Target on my to do list.

i linked up to wiww. thouhgt i'd get a visit from the s.i.l., but no luck!

i wish i lived where i could wear a sweater everyday. it's too "worm" here at casa de nova scotia.

it is beautiful and warm here in hawaii so it is funny to see you in cardi's and especially uggs! we are heading to san diego next week though and i will be bringing my layers.

Justine says:

I'm a Cali girl who love cardigans too! Too bad it is piratically freezing here in San Francisco.

I had to trash my other comment as I made a grammatical error. Anyway…

I love the 4th of July outfits on your girls. Too cute! I love WIWW, even though I never participate. You always look so cute. I like to see what you wear and check out the links. ;)

My favourite part of your blog, checking out what you wore for the week.
    Love the cardi's and am going to go to Target here in Aus to find a few more for myself.
    Had a teary moment looking back through your old stuff about your friendship with Nicole.
    I had a friendship like that (she also lives interstate) but sadly it has changed this year since she started full time work and her oldest two are at full time school.
    My oldest two are also, but I also have a 3 and 1 year old home and am still here as a SAHM.
    I felt so sad when I read how often you girls talk, as that was us…
    Kind of a grieving process that it's not the same and hard to find friends like that.
    Cherish it!

I wear my white bathrobe over my clothes when I am cold too. I also drive my kids to school in it and my friends all refer to it affectionately as my "lab coat" as I am known to wear probably longer in the day than I should!

oh, yes. I second the directions for the skirts. They look pretty easy. I'm new to sewing and most of the tutorials I see are for toddlers. I can't get my head to work out the sizes for my girls (8 & 5) :) They are VERY cute!

thanks for sharing :)