no more 2

yesterday was bittersweet.
it was quite possibly the last day i would ever have a 2 year old.
2 is not my favorite age.
it is wonderful in so many ways, but really?
its also more tiring for me than a brand new babe.
but, if we’re not having any more kids, then yesterday was my last day as a mom of a 2-year old.
but today… TODAY!
today i have a big huge THREE year old!
we are at my parents’ house, enjoying family and long-time family friends that we have vacationed with since before my birth.
it is heaven for silas to have 10 new people to show off his “bike widing skills”.
he’s now decided to ride with his feet tucked up on the bar in front of the seat.
freaks me out, but that kid has balance!
only a few crashes, which si declared were pretend bloods.
umm,… ok?
his aunt denise surprised him this morning with a super healthy breakfast of sprinkled donuts and sugar cereals, with a balloon filled ceiling above.
what a sweet gift!
we’re spreading out the gift giving throughout the day, and pretty much letting him do whatever he wants (other than skipping his nap).
he’s snuggled with his cousins watching toy story right now.
when i asked him a few days ago what he wanted for his birthday, he said, “i want sprinkles on it”.
ok, sounds easy.
and then i asked what toys he might want.
he said, “you can just get my Buzz and put him in a box and put a string around it.”
ok, so he seems pretty easy, right?
hopefully i’ll write a long mushy post about my sweet baby boy, but today i just don’t have it in me to start crying!
coming soon…
happy monday!
– lindsey
ps – as a thank you for reading this long post, i’ll let you in on a little secret:
i just listed more bloom bags (3 different styles!) and am listing petal drop necklaces right now!

Comments

Sweet, sweet boy! I can't wait to see his bike widing skills next month! Give him a big hug from us! He soo reminds me of Tyler!

linda @ CraftaholicsAnonymous says:

What a cutie he is! My little man hits 2 in november and I'm so dreading it. I think he's already gearing up for it though. ugh. Happy Birthday to your little guy!
    Linda

melody-mae says:

what a sweet, sweet post! He is adorable and I love the 'sprinkles' on it!!! LOL

oh, I'm only 19 days away from going through this same thing! Although, it's my oldest that's turning 3…..I will not miss the 2 year old at all. So so cute!

Holly @ Roller Coaster Life says:

Aww how cool! My son will be 3 tomorrow!!

Holly @ Roller Coaster Life says:

oh and I am not going to miss two either GOODBYE TWO!!!!!! Until my daughter hits two! She will be 1 in 21 days!

MommaHensCoop says:

He is so cute I just want to eat him up! His breakfast looks scrumtious too. I remember when my "little" boy was two. That was 5 years ago . Time goes by way too fast. {sigh}

Courtney says:

happy happy birthday!! my favorite age so far is three (that is also the farthest we got)! he is ADORABLE, that smile is delish!!!

Awwww what a cutie! Sprinkles are really what makes a good birthday…just ask my boys! LOL It sounds like the perfect day!

I don't miss the 2's but I do miss little ones! Mine are all 10 to 22. I finally snagged my posy bag!!! I can't wait for it to arrive~

He is adorable. Tell him Happy Birthday.

Amanda @ Serenity Now says:

He's such a sweetie! His breakfast looks pretty sweet too. ;) I want a donut now!

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top says:

He is such a sweetheart. And he looks absolutely adorable sitting there with chocolate on his face. Enjoy your time with him. :)

PeaceLoveApplesauce says:

Today I have a big huge FOUR year old.
    I wrote my mushy post and scheduled it ahead of time so I wouldn't be crying at work. I've already cried about him turning four, three times this past week! I swear– us moms! ;)

Happy Birthday to your little guy!!

Wow- he's adorable. With a capital A. I love the Buzz idea, too. I hope my son says the same thing when he turns three. I feel like the transition from 2 to 3 is so huge- it seems to happen over night. All of your kids are beautiful, so if you are done, you have lots to be proud of and if you're not done, you'll just add to the beautiful, right? :-)

Stephanie says:

Very bittersweet! He has the most contagious smile!

Laura W. says:

SO CUTE!

Happy Birthday Silas! My last was an early bike rider too and they have NO fear! Feet on the handlebars and eyes closed down a steep hill was his favorite way to ride. We are all surprised he's still with us! Have a wonderful day celebrating.

what a fabulous smile your little one has! congrats on 3!
    smiles,
    gina

so cute! Happy bday to the little man. It's funny, when my daughter turned 3 she wanted sprinkles on everything. She is ow she is 8 now, and every year the birthday kid get sprinkles on everything. it's a tradition. Sprinkles on breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks- kinda gross sometimes but my kids love it!

What a beautiful boy!
    Enjoy this and every moment.
    I love all the ages and stages, even the hard bits are worth soaking up. (well mostly!)
    I get very sentimental on each b'day of all 4 of my kids.
    I have a 3 year old and it is such a gorgeous age. He will be 4 in 3 months and my baby will then be 2!
    Onto the next stage, whilst feeling sentimental about no more babies :( Oh us Mums indeed!!

They are only babies for a short time and then you blink.
    Love your little man's breakfast…looks similar to what I ate.

Life in Rehab says:

That face! Oh, kiss the icing off!

Honey, trust me, they do NOT grow up faster than you think. My son's 19th birthday this last weekend included silly string, water guns, and lots of snuggles from my birthday boy. He's an adorable, furry toddler in XL clothes headed for college. I'll have that post up tomorrow, and I've been laughing while I edit photos at how these kids I've known for years have changed.

But not really.

Aw! Happy Birthday to Silas. He is just adorable. Blessing to you and your family.

Yum! Every 3 year-old's dream! Sugar for breakfast :)

Lexie Loo & Dylan Too says:

Happy 3rd Birthday! He is adorable!

Lilac City Momma says:

Happy 3rd Birthday to your sweet boy! Just wait though…3's are worse!!!

Amanda Taborga says:

My babe is turning 3 in January. Ah! I am never ready for my children's birthdays. With each passing one, I wish I was prego with another to keep the cycle going! Why can't we just slow them…and ourselves down a bit? I just keep telling myself, God has great things in store for the years to come….I'd be selfish to want to slow it all down. Sometimes that helps, sometimes, it doesn't! Cute-o little man you got there!!

Today is my last day with a 2 year old boy too! Congrats, you are doing great!

Lisa Renee says:

OH My GOODNESS… that is what I get for reading this a day late!! DANG! All sold out AGAIN! It looks as though I may never have one :(

terrid614 says:

your little man is adorable! it made me realize that i will never have a 2 yr old either! (mind you, my baby is now 17…so it's been a while…) they do grow up so fast!! i LOVE all of your fun products! you are so talented!!!!

Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick says:

OH my goodness. He is a DOLL! Reminds me of mine — I want to go scoop him up out of bed. :)