sunshine & aqua skies (and a winner!)

i have really been inspired this week to take one last look at summer.
school starts next monday for us, and my life as i know it, is about to change dramatically.
i will now be home schooling TWO kids 3 days a week (yikes!),
but i will also have 2 days a week with THREE kids in school.
yes, silas is going to preschool!
i am a teeny bit sad, but mostly thrilled for him since i *love* his teacher (each of the girls had her)!
so that leaves me 2 half days a week that i’ll be a.l.o.n.e.
weird.
but good?
i’ll need to get most of my work done in that time
because there will be no work happening while the kids are home.
i promise.
ok, i really need accountability on that one.
anyhooo, our summer vacation is drawing to an end
so i thought i’d share some pics of things around that remind me of summer
in the fresh palette of sunshine yellow and aqua.
clockwise, from top left:
owl planter from nicole’s house
ruffle bag from blue corduroy
bloom bag (out of stock – more in process!)
lemons on an aqua cake plate from joy
containers by my back door
my favorite petal drop necklace of the week
my still-not-functional gumball machine
gracie on the pier
lucy’s sweet shoes
my illuminate necklace from lisa
mustard dresser in my entry
well worn bench at one of my favorite taco spots in san clemente
*****
she said:
it’s so funny that you are had a julius party for your little one because we are having the same theme for my son’s 5th birthday in a few weeks! this would totally save me from having to make the banner myself and instead of the tissue poms i was going to do, the i could totally use the garland!Courtney’s shop is totally cute and i am in love with the thank you banner!

yay for cynthia!!!
email me at thepleatedpoppy@gmail,com with your addy and your treats will be on their way!
for those of you who didn’t win,
you can still make your own circle garland and get some fabulous banners from joyful joyful.
happy monday!
-linds

Comments

Kristi @ Creative Kristi says:

Congrats to the winner! and YUM with those lovely color combos and (as always) BEAUTIFUL products/items!! I wish summer would never end!! :(

posidanielle says:

I absolutely love that color combo! that shade of blue is one of my faves and yellow has been one of my favorites forever! Thank you for sharing all those beautiful creations!

Handbags*N*Pigtails says:

Love that color combo! And I know what you mean about changes. My 6 year old started 2nd grade today at her school and I began homeschooling my 4 year old.
    Thankfully, we survived day #1 and lived to tell about it:)
    Sarah
    esgutierrez4(at)msn(dot)com

I Sew Lucky says:

SCHOOL! My 5 yr old is going to start kindergarten and I am sooo excited for him and at the same time sad that this is the begining of letting go. Last year when I brought my daughter to first day of middle school, I cried all the way home:/ We still have 2 weeks before they go back.
    btw-LOVE the yellow dresser!

Just a curious question from a fellow homeschooling mama. How do you send yours to school 2 days a week and homeschool 3? My BFF and I have thought this would be such a great idea since we really want to homeschool and have our kids with us, but at the same time really wish we could have a couple of days of me/work time. Did I read wrong or is this what you do? Once again, just curious! Love your blog & shop!

Julie @ Joy's Hope says:

I am decked out in my summer uniform of aqua and sunshine. Love. Dying over lucy's shoes and I'd recognize that pedros bench anywhere.

tasha roe says:

love the collection! i just threw a baby shower for a friend that was aqua, yellow and pink. aqua is the new happy!

yummy colors!

school starts for us next week too! I am also doing school 2 days/week and homeschooling the other 3 days! It's my first year doing this and I am excited and nervous at the same time! Would love any tidbits of info you could pass along. :)

shellyrm aka jogging stroller mama says:

My duaghter goes back to school (4th) tomorrow. My littlest will start p-p-preschool. @ 2 his is really learning simply by watching the older children and it is Amazing what he learns by simply being a part of their learning process.

I love your colors! So cheerful.

ok…I am confused. How does it work to homeschool but still have 2 days of not homeschooling? I am just ignorant on this and was wondering. :)

paige

Love the pics. I am in LOVE w/ turquoise, been trying to figure out how to incorporate into my dark,blah house :)
    My youngest started preschool last week, and I had a really hard time w/ it! I thought it would be so great to be alone and it was so weird for me..I'm sure that I'll get used to it though :)
    Btw- I LOVE,LOVE my petal drop necklace..beautiful, of course!

yaaay! thank you, thank you, thank you soooo much! i am e-mailing you right now ;)
    oh, and i am totally lovin' your summer color combos!