what i wore {packing for a trip}

wiww banner

happy wednesday, friends! welcome to what i wore wednesday!  i started this weekly post to force myself out of my sweats and jammies, and into some presentable clothes.  after a few years of doing this, i still definitely have my jammie days, but for the most part i take a few minutes every day to focus on myself and i feel so much better when i do!  if you are in need of some motivation, join us!

this weeks post is a little different than usual.  i was packing for our trip so i took pictures of my outfits as i was packing.  our trip was supposed to be from our house, up to sacramento area where we have family, take a couple days in that area to explore the gold country (we just studied the gold rush), hen head up to oregon to visit more family, go to portland, and go camping and fishing.  so with those plans, i had to pack a variety of outfits – some for 90+ degree weather, some for chilly, rainy weather.

and then our plans completely changed!  we found out it was supposed to be raining while we were camping and fishing, so we decided to cancel heading to oregon.  but our bags were already packed and we were ready to go!  we headed out anyway, and just had to be a bit spontaneous with our adventure.  so the outfits you see were for our original plan, and i had to be pretty creative with what i packed to stretch out my outfits.

what i wore at the pleated poppy

shorts – target

sandals – target

cuff – give jewelry

necklace – allora handmade

what i wore at the pleated poppy

chambray shirt – forever 21

long sleeve grey shirt – target

sweater – forever 21

leggings – walmart

converse – nordstrom rack

necklaces – lisa leonard designs {this one and this one}

what i wore at the pleated poppy

and in case of rain i was going to bring my rain boots from old navy

what i wore at the pleated poppy

what i wore at the pleated poppy

t-shirt – forever 21

sweater – forever 21

yoga pants – forever 21

tank – target

converse – nordstrom rack

do you wanna join me?  yay!  just follow the rules:

1. link to your specific blog post, not your blog’s main page. ex: http://thepleatedpoppy.com/2011/09/what-i-wore-wednesday-fall-inspiration/ not http://thepleatedpoppy.com/blog/.
2. please only link outfit related posts. your craft project may be adorable, or that may be a great giveaway, but this linky is for outfit related posts only – thank you!
3. please please please link back here to me so all this wiww stuff makes sense to your readers. and its just nice to do ;) grab a button from my sidebar (see the code box?).
4. check out as many links as possible! i am constantly inspired by so many outfits each week! and you will definitely find some new blogs that you’ve never stumbled upon before – so fun!

*this post contains affiliate links

Comments

This is such a neat way of documenting the trips outfits. Hope the adventure was still a good one!

Sorry, but I can’t see the link-up again. The outfits are super cute though, and such a great way to plan for your trip!

• 3
      lindsey says:

my internet was down last night so i couldn’t add the link tool – sorry! it’s working now!

LOVE IT!

Best idea ever… now we need to see them all on

xo em

I can’t see the link up. Boohoo. This happened last week too. Weird!!

I thought at first I was going to be disappointed not seeing you wearing your outfits with your styling, but there is something really interesting about seeing the clothes laid out by themselves, I don’t know why. I guess because we all select our clothes when they are not on a person, lol. And it helps to see what they look like without your styling. I hope you have/had a great trip!

• 6
      lindsey says:

mm yep, no linky here either?

• 8
      lindsey says:

I can’t see the linky either…?

• 10
      lindsey says:

Great ideas! Is it weird my favorite pieces are the polka dot and striped socks? Too cute! I also love the ‘LOVE’ tee.

I love this method of packing. I might do the same for our upcoming beach trip!

So fun! I hope y’all had/have a great trip! The stripes mixed with plaid is my favorite. Pattern mixing can make packing so much easier.

I love that you pack with different outfits in mind. I’m so bad about just throwing a bunch of stuff I think goes well into a bag…and then I get there and it’s either all neutrals, or clashes. Oops.

I’m sorry, I can’t see the linkup either. SAD FACE.

Here’s my link anyway! https://houseblendfamily.wordpress.com/2013/06/19/wiww-thrifty/

• 16
      lindsey says:

I love this idea!!! We’re heading to Thailand in a few weeks, and I will definitely be doing this. Thanks for the inspiration!

Shelly

I’m not able to see the link up! :(

However, I love your outfits! Especially the mint top with grey converse… :) Too cute!

• 19
      lindsey says:

I’ve been crushing on those pink/white shorts from Target but they didn’t have my size, boooo. I’m thinking of ordering them online. This is a great pin-able vacation outfit post!

no linky :(

• 22
      lindsey says:

You are so organized, I am in awe. I usually throw everything together that day.

I do the same with outfits when packing. Makes life much easier.

Melanie Townley says:

I love all your outfits! But I really love the rug! Where is it from?

Love, love, love your outfits! I want to go on vacation! Packing is half the fun for me!

I love all these outfits! The mint sweatshirt is my favorite!! Also, I think I need to get some converse tennis shoes :)

I absolutely love your pink Target shorts with the chambray top! Thank you so much for hosting the party! I am new to the blogging world. I am only 13, so I am so excited to be able to bring the joy of blogs to my age group! Your blog has inspired me!

Cute outfits! I hope you had a lovely vacation despite last-minute changes. :)

Your outfits are adorable!

You are amazing with packing outfits, I have never been near as prepared! Love that scarf from World Market!

All of the outfits are great. I really like the chambray top with the printed shorts and those gold tennis shoes are cute!

Mo

Love how you laid out the outfits! All of those are really cute outfits. Hope to see some posts with you modeling them. :)

Lauren
    Style of One’s Own

I love how you made so many outfits with just a few basic pieces. So creative and cute!
    ~Callie

Cute outfits! Safe travels.

Wow lady…you are on the top of your game with these vacation outfits! Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy and traveling mercies!!!

Such a good idea. If I had done this on my last trip I wouldn’t have arrived with nothing to wear because I had packed in a muddle. Thanks so much for hosting!!

LOVING that first pair of pink shorts!

Hi! I was thinking of ordering that chambray on the f21 website because i love it every time you wear it but the sizing says this one runs a half size larger than normal f21. Would you say that’s pretty accurate? Also the pic on the website makes it look so light. Hmmm decisions decisions!

• 42
      lindsey says:

i’m thinking that link is wrong because mine is not nearly that light. but i also think the top runs a bit small. so how’s that for contradicting info?!

• 43

yeah, i was afraid of that because i really liked the medium wash of yours. i looked online and there wasn’t another option similar to yours. hmmm…guess i have to keep searching, or try ordering it to see if the photos online are just off??? thanks for your help though!

• 44

Just thought you might want to know in case anyone else asks, that link DOES go to the right chambray shirt (I ended up ordering it just to see (luckily in 2 sizes because it did run really small) the pics online make it look really light but it’s just like the color of yours in real life! Hope I can Rick it as we’ll as you do!

I love your outfits! Especially the first three ones with shorts! 4 weeks to go to our holiday and I can’t really fit in to many of my summer clothes (thanks to a very cute boy number three, 4 months old;). Need to step up my exercise I think:)
    Take care x

I’ve been looking for a chambray shirt forever and I’m thinking of ordering yours from f21. Sorry if this is weird, but what size did you get? It seems like their sizing can be inconsistent. I always wear small tops from old navy so could you recommend a size for me based on that? Thanks! Enjoy your trip!

I love seeing packing lists like this! I did one recently when I went away :) Loving the outfits, very cute!

Love how you laid out all your clothes while packing. That is such a good tip and I will try to use it next month when we go away. You have such a cute style, too!

hey jenna –

after looking more at my link, it may not be the same shirt since it appears so much lighter. but i got a size small and i really like the way it fits. i hope that helps!

It’s amazing in support of me to have a web page, which is beneficial
    in favor of my experience. thanks admin

What i do not understood is in reality how you are no longer
    really much more neatly-preferred than you might be now.
    You are so intelligent. You know therefore significantly with regards to this matter, made me in my view imagine it from numerous numerous
    angles. Its like men and women are not interested except it is one
    thing to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your personal stuffs excellent.
    Always handle it up!

Deep down, women should not drawn to males who let themselves get pushed around like that.